Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I root for Dallas

Mickalino

I'll never understand why so many Skins fans keep wanting the Boys to lose after the Skins fall to the Boys, like they're simply living out of vengeance.

Thnk about it : If the Boys go on to do well and win against some good teams after they beat us, then it takes away SOME of the sting of being swept by them, because it somewhat validates that they possessed a fairly decent team when they spanked us.

However, if the Boys sweep us, and then go on to lose most of their games, and lose to some awful teams, it makes OUR losses to them THAT MUCH MORE embarrassing.

Pride for my OWN team is far more important than hatred for ANOTHER team.

[edited.gif by Mick on December 31, 2001.]

my conception of pride is a little different. I count up the wins and losses and see what we have made of the season.

it doesn't really matter to me if we lose to a 1-15 team as long as we are in the playoffs with a chance to go to the big game.

taking comfort in looking back on close losses to good teams or wanting to see teams that beat us advance because it enhances the perception we had a more difficult schedule is off the mark.

The 1995 Cowboys lost twice to the 6-10 Redskins but won the Super Bowl. If the Redskins had been 2-14 and BOTH wins were against Dallas it wouldn't detract from the Cowboys' title.

All I know is we have 8 losses and each was costly in its own way.

Was I mad about the loss to Dallas a few weeks ago? Sure, because regardless of the record, the Redskins were playing at home for a chance to go to the playoffs.

In that position your team should only lose to a dominant team that comes in and takes you apart.

You should be able to prevail in most other scenarios.

[edited.gif by bulldog on December 31, 2001.]

Mick, it's always bad to lose to Dallas. Doesn't matter what their record is, was or will be.

Pride Shmide. And I always root against them. Hatred for the Cowboys is part of being a Redskin fan. They suck. I hate them. I hate their megalomaniac of an owner, their goofy coach, their bandwagon fans, that stupid star on their helmet, that silly nickname and even their prissy cheerleaders. The whole lot of em can rot in football hell for all of eternity for all I care.

All that good stuff. smile.gif

------------------

"Men, there's nothing to get excited about. The situation is normal; we are surrounded."

Archived