Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I hate bias writers...

Renegade7

This is in reply to this article: http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52950

I tired dealing with all this bias, so tried to take a step in there shoes. Minus the bias, of course. Someone said i could write pretty well, so I thought i'd give it a shot. This was fun, and even though I feel like I just grew a beard writing it, this was worth it. If you reach the end, you deserve a special prize, but I'm just broke. So this is for all those times you told your kids writing was good them saying it'll make their minds grow. Time for a dose of your own medicine. Enjoy.

How in the world these people still have jobs is beyond me. The #1 rule in being a sports writer is you have to be UNBIASED!!!! This guy sounds about as knowledgable about football as a 5 year old. There's no stats, no quotes, no interviews, no nothing. He's just writing what he thinks people want to hear, and that's a reason to hate the Redskins. Its jealosy, ya see? Envy.

There are a lot of owners in this league that are unwilling to dish out HALF the money the Danny is giving out to win. Danny's a skins fan through and through, and has done everything possible to make this team Super Bowl caliber. People are angry because he keeps getting who he wants, that's because he's a multi-billionare(a young one too, 33, which makes these haters even more full of senseless envy). He's not illegally voiding the salary cap, he's mastering it. No doubt about it, he's made mistakes. But not all of those mistakes are his fault.

Deion Sanders. Arguably one of the all-time greatest corners in leauge history. Hate him, shoot i do too, but the man could play.

Bruce Smith. In his prime, he was unstoppable, second in overall impact on a game only to Reggie White. We needed pass rush, so Danny went to get him. Surely he's learned for that mistake, but in the end, Smith did take the all-time sack record for himself.

Dana Stublefeild. The season before he came here in the all out shopping spree of 2000, Dana recorded 15 sacks. That's unheard of by a DT.

Danny had the money to sign him and did. No one knew the guy would be such a bust, yet the still blast us for bringing in lackluster talent or always the best of the crop( Kearse is gone people, so don't be like me and do your freakin homework for once. Its your job, isn't it). We went to the divisonal playoffs in 1999, so after the 2000 offseason no one doubted that this team was close if not a legitement super bowl contender. The problem isn't exactly the players not preforming up to standards, its the coaching.

When Danny started here Norv Turner was the HC. He's not the greatest coach of all-time, in fact he's not even close. This team was charactistic of emploding way before Snyder ever bought this team. This team has been horribly inconsistent since Gibbs left and that to me is a serious coaching problem. About 12 games into 2000, Norv was fired. He could handle the egos of Smith and Deion, let alone get this team to play like a team. Neither could Terry Robiske.

Marty had one problem in that he was a total control freak. He was a great coach( we were the first team in leauge history to go 0-5 then win 5 straight, putting us right back in the playoff race), you couldn't deny that. He tried to control everything about our team, including the final say on player signings. How snyder put up with this man is beyond me. That's probably why Marty isn't here anymore.

Then there's Spurrier. When he said he wanted to coach in the NFL, nearly half the leauge went after this guy like a pack of wolves. He dominated the college level with offense, and a lot of people, even sports writers believed he could change the game with his fun-n-gun approach. Danny, after firing Marty, was convinced that Spurrier was the best chance for the Redskins to gt back to the promise land. Trust me, a lot of people were convinced as well. But it didn't work out that way.

Spurrier was arrogant, ****y, head up his you know what, however you want to put it. To sum it up into one word, ego. That was his problem, but unlike in times before, talent had a hand in his embarrasing debue. Shane Matthews and Danny Wurffle ring any bells? They made Manning and Montana look like JV high school players in preseason. They led Spurrier's pass happy crazy offense in college, leading the man into greatness. Reality checked in during that Monday Night slaughtering by the Eagles. Where's Matthews and Wurffle now? Wurfulle's retired and Matthews is pencile pushing in Cincy. Obviously the influx of former Florida stars didn't work, but that was Spurrier's call, not Snyders. Spurrier got what he asked for, and it bit him in the butt and led this team right into the ground.

So know what? The o-line was decent at best and our offense lacked any serious speedster. Shoot, Gardener was our fastest player on offense, now he's a possession reciever. So Spurrier made a wish list that include speed and consistency. What did Danny do for him. Coles, Morton, Hall, Canidate, Thomas. Three players in one day, nine in the first three days of FA. Stole Taylor Jacobs in the draft and POW, u have the kind of warp-speed offense sprruier was used to in college.

Coles is arguably one the best WR in the leauge. Morton was second in the leauge in return yrds( two TD returns in the first game of the season against the Bills). Thomas is a great Gaurd coming into his prime, and Hall was the consistentency in the kicking game that we had missed for so long. The peices were in place, and we were a playoff caliber team. Spurrier wasn't concered about the defense at all, so instead of getting any key FA aquisitons we just signed every 300 DT we could find to clog up the middle and free up Lavar. Sounded like a good idea right?

It all went to hell because Sprruier's ego wouldn't let him stry away from his system, sending everyone but the actual BALL downfeild. It nearly cost Ramsey his life if you ask me. QB-Musical chairs was over, so it wasn't until Ramsey went down that a new, no-name beating dumber was put in place. (Timmy had a zero QB rating against the cowboys, so maybe that had SOMETHING, just a little bit to do with why we went 1-5 after Ramsey bit the dust) Our offense couldn't stop me from getting 100 yrds on the ground because the defense didn't know what to do. Edwards was completly clueless, as was the rest of the most inexperienced coaching staff at the time.

So there's a brief history on the Danny regime. That's all the past, making it complety irrelevant as of right now. Not when Lenny the Hutt says so, but right now. It's back to the future time, baby. After 12 years of the redskins being put in the same classy category of the Cardinals and the Bungels, Snyder dropped the ultimate bombshell on this city, the country, the entire WORLD for that matter. He did the impossible and brought back the coach that made the Redskins the Grim Reaper team of the 80's and early 90's. He brought back Joe Gibbs. If you still beleive that Danny is the worst owner in the world, you must not have

A. Been around in the 80's or was merely a fetus.

B. You're blind. Not leagly, but in terms of opening your eyes and escaping the #1 flaw in being human, biased.

Or the most likely, C. You weren't in the DC area when his return was annouced. The streets overflooded with joy, celebration, and Hail the Redskins. People who didn't know each were yelling, screaming, dancing, singing, all over come with exdece together. It was the talk of the town for weeks on end. For those lost in the world of sportscenter with a beer in one hand, the remote in the other, and still completely dehydrated from drooling all day, yes there's no way you could miss the fact that Gibbs was back. They played Hail to the Redskins so many times my cat knows it by heart and I sing it in my sleep. You'd have to have been lost on a desert island like Tom Hanks to have not heard the news by now. And after all the reports, interviews, and the fact that in 11 years he took us to 4 super bowls and won 3 you still think he's an old gessy and a joke, you have to check yourself. Get a cat scan, see a shrink, just don't run into me in on the street. 3 Different QBs and 3 different RBs in each of his World Titles, check yourself if you still believe he can't adapt to the game.

Joe Thiesmann, 33. Doug Williams, 32. Mark Rypien, 29. Get the point? This concerns the recent events involving the Mark Brunell trade. He's 33 and is the 9th rated passer in NFL history. Forget the age problem, this man has been able to play and will play at top form for Gibbs. Gibbs wanted depth at QB, always has. If you truely beleive we would have been better off with just Ramsey going into the the regular season, you should come back into reality, slowly of course, and step far away from the pasta.

What is the point of this all this writing? Most of you are thinking that someone my age should go play madden and leave all the writing to the professionals. Well, first of all Madden sucks, and a lot of these professionals and overweight, biased, senseless, self-absoring, gutless, brian-less fools. Don't tell me you don't know what I'm talking about.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52950

There's so much more, I'm not going to help them dig their graves, let alone sell them out. I'm better then that, even at 15 years old. This an applaued to Daniel Snyder, the most envied, richest, yet greatest owner in sports second only to George Steinbrenner. How do you compare the two? They'd both do anything for their team to win. Their both a bit, just a bit, egotistical. Main difference: One's a total jerk-off, a dick, a creep, evil, insensitive at times, did i mention he runs an evil empire. The other is Daniel Snyder.

So here's to Snyder. Here's to the master of the salary cap, comprising the ego and skills to get what he what he wants and needs for himself and his team to succed. Here's to you Daniel Snyder, forget the the nonsense you hear from Gang Green, Lenny the Hutt, and the rest of the fair weather fans. Forget these people who hate you because you succeded in acheiving every football fans ultimate dream. Your rich, you own your favorite team, and with one of the greatest coachs in history you'll turn these butt kickers into butt kisers over night. Burn all the jet fuel you want, and buy an extra tank so you don't have to take the bus like the rest of us on our way to Jacksonville next Feburary. You know what that means, we all saw it coming.

Can I get some season tickets now?

------------------------------------------

0-16, 19-0, skins fan till i die!!!

biasED..biasED :D

But I agree with you. I do not at all mind actual criticism, and I'm getting tired of the mouth-breathers who keep saying "what do you expect, we've been losing, when we win again they'll change their tune."

Again, it's not what they say it's HOW they say it. It's also when they refuse to do ANY research or learn about the cap or about the history of the Skins acquisitions vs. other teams.

It's the difference between telling a poster on this board that I want the Skins to get Udeze and telling them that we should draft Udeze because Sean Taylor is gay.

renegade7 , you ought to send this to that as%$#@e attner and fox . for a 15yr. old you did just fine. couldn't agree with you more. keep up the good post :cool:

p.s. i do know one 5yr. old would could tell you any score any week and whom plays for who , my son ,:D

:ravensuck :dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

a a skins fan you must hate all reporters then(or 98%). i actually did write attner asking him why do people keep slamming the skins i mean im still wiat for the cap h*ll we are suppose to be in now form the year we signed b.smith, deion, and george.

Originally posted by mark327

renegade7 , you ought to send this to that as%$#@e attner and fox . for a 15yr. old you did just fine. couldn't agree with you more. keep up the good post :cool:

p.s. i do know one 5yr. old would could tell you any score any week and whom plays for who , my son ,:D

:ravensuck :dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Thanx Mark. And u've obviously done right with your kid.

:applause:

Much Kudos to you man!

PS: do you know what his e-mail address is?

------------------------------

0-16, 19-0, skins fan till i die!!!

Archived