Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next years draftpicks

Aluadan

My question is, did the skins give any of 2005's picks away in trades? After seeing the skins with next to no draft picks the last few years I was curious where we stand for next year. I'm hoping that the skins have a solid year coming up with a good core of players that can be supplemented by next years draft and not just 2 or 3 picks again. Also seeing that the skins won't have to make any big FA splashes again for a while if those we signed this year plus those we draft in the next few years pan out. Not to mention the cheap salaries of those signed through the draft will help relieve the cost of dishing out a good bit of money this year.

Actually, I see Gibbs stockpiling, or at least holding on to, draft picks for the next draft or 2. I can't believe he would completely sacrifice the future of the franchise just for a 3 year run to get another Super Bowl. He has done too much for this team to do that. I think this year is about upgrading talent at certain positions, and the next year or 2 will be about drafting talent at positions with older, or high salaried, players who will only be around another 2 or 3 years.

This year we get the starters, next year we go for depth.

With Gibbs, I don't mind us trading away the 4th-7th rounders. He can find us free agents just as easy. I just hope we hold on to the 1-3. They are where actual starters can be found.

Archived