Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

P. Manning gets record Contract!! (MERGED)

pr11fan

Looks like the Colts plan on moving to LA unless their is some huge increases in tickets or a new stadium deal.

I hope we never have a player demanding that type of money.

Well yeah I do because we could trade him for a player and a 2nd rounder :D

For some reason I remember Peyton saying at the Pro Bowl this past season that he would be willing to take a paycut to keep Marvin Harrison around, as he will also be a free agent soon. :laugh:

Funny thing is that the likes of Pasta and Peter King will put positive spins on the whole situation, and try to justify Peyton receiving this contract. Meanwhile, every time Danny opens up the wallet they like to criticize.

The Colts are officially f**ked. I know Manning is the league Co-MVP and whatnot, but no player deserves that much money. The Colts have many holes to fill, mainly on defense and now they have shot themselves in the foot. There is know what they can improve with that kind of money going to one player.

Manning's great; he deserves what the market will bear. If this was his price, the Colts had little choice but to meet it somewhere (and the sooner the better). If the Redskins had done this signing, LP would have written, "For Lord knows what reason, the Redskins' terminally flashy owner, Daniel Snyder, shelled out 99 mil for one player when Manning, a consummate team player, would likely have, in time, settled for a more reasonable fee to give his team greater salary cap flexibility. This, after all, is a team that couldn't stop the run or pass when it counted. Enjoy your superstar, you rich a-hole, because he's all you're going to have. Playoffs?!?"

But the Redskins didn't do this deal, so it's totally cool.

Archived