Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I hate Tampa

BogeyMan

What a frustrating football game tonight. This one was almost as bad as the one Tampa squeaked out over Detroit. The Bucs have become my second most hated team in the NFL -although still a distant second to Jerry's Kids. I even found myself pulling for the Ravens, who I also hate.

I think the Ravens are toast. They got no pressure on Johnson without blitzing. Their defensive line is really hurting with all the injuries - almost all their tackles in the running game came from the linebackers.

Their offense really sucks - Raye shows more imaginative play calling than IQ 207 Super Genius Billick. Gerbac played awful, but the Ravens offensive line simply could not protect the guy. The only Raven that looked good on offense was Terry Allen out there on his bionic knees.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Go Eagles next week!

what it comes down to is there are a group of teams that are jockeying for playoff position but in the end are not going to go to or win the Super Bowl unless another Music City Miracle happens.

I put Philly, Chicago and Tampa in that category in the NFC.

The Eagles and Bucs have holes despite also having some very talented individual players. Neither team scores consistently (their quarterbacks don't seem to beat the better teams), which puts extraordinary pressure on their good defenses which tend to wear down in the second half.

The Bears in my mind are just too young this time around although they make a nice story.

To me the Rams and Packers are the real contenders in the NFC with the 49ers coming up as the darkhorse.

I don't know how they are in person, but on the 'Net, Buc fans are among the most irritating. I can't find it in my heart to root for them.

I was really amazed at how pathetic Grbac has been. This is a guy who threw for 4,000 yds last year with a team that really doesn't have great WRs. I will say that I've thought the Ravens offensive line has been greatly overrated all year (OT Ogden is living on his rep). Kip Vickers?

I'd sort of like to see the Ravens eliminated next week, but it probably won't happen.

what TC said!!! i surfed through the game last night and couldn't resist pulling for the unpalatable ravens. there's just something so thoroughly obnoxious about bucs fans (they're on the proverbial *hitlist with iggles fans) that i don't care who the bucs play - i want continued misery for their fans! this makes the iggles/bucs game exceedingly problematic for me!

Let's see here, I picked the Bears and 49ers as the most improved teams in the NFC before the season. I made an error of judgment on the Skins, NO, and St. Louis. I picked St. Louis 3rd (didn't do enough homework and get deeper in their schedule).

I picked the Eagles to win the division, if we didn't get it.

Now here comes the Giants again. Who knew????

I'm not a big fan of Tampa's, but I'm really pulling hard for them next week and the Giants today and next week. It would be so sweet to see Philly miss out on the playoffs.

The problem is that I don't think Tampa's going to have any reason to go balls out next week - they've pretty much got the sixth seed wrapped up and can't go any higher. Philly may need the win just to get into the playoffs.

I hate the Rams and The Bucs.

I'd tolrate oan extnt the 9ers making t to the big dance if te Bears can't.

My other half is rooting for the Raiduhs to go all the way and to prevent not enjoyng the "halftime highlights" I backed away from saying the Steelers have the inside track.caveman.gif

------------------

Take A Sip of the Marty KoolAid and Believe.

Archived