Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

madden 2004

Mr. S

Which Backup last year has a good chance of starting?(multiple picks allowed)  

333 members have voted

1. 1. Which Backup last year has a good chance of starting?(multiple picks allowed)

• Rock Cartwright=nobody showed heart and passion more than this guy...He is a throwback Gibbs player all the way...
    • Darnarian McCants=Did very well in the redzone last year...Seems to be a TD machine that could replace Gardner...
    • Brandon Winey=When Samuels got hurt...our OL improved...Go figure....But winey did a more than adaquate job in replacing Samuels on a temporary basis...
    • Lenny Friedman=can play guard and Center and did a pretty good job last season considering the amount of pressure he was probably under at the time...
    • Ladell Betts=What most people don't realize is that Trung was noted as starter at the beginning of the season...But John Madden and Al michaels forgot all about that we he ran all over the jets in the season opener...Madden even quoted"That ol' Betts we'll be the starter before this season is over"...!
    • Tim Hassleback=Other than the Zero Rating Game...Ole' Tim did a pretty good job for a guy who had never stepped on the football other than warmups...
    • Taylor Jacobs=even though he got hurt,don't let his talent clog your thinking...He will have the chance to develop under the greatest coach of all time...O'Joe...Look for him to throw a wrench at all of the fans and their pieces of paper with the starting offensive team next season...
    • Antonio Pierce=Talk about patient...?This guy has been playing special teams forever it seems...This guy is definately a gamer...Will coach Gibbs be the first coach we have had that recognizes a guy by his talent,rather than the size of his wallet...?Would you be surprised if Pierce was just as a good of a playmaking LB as Lavar....Don't get me wrong...There is a big difference in the 2...one is making Burger king money and the other could buy an Island!
    • Darryl Russell=How can a probowl DL-man go from great to never playing...?Well...Holding a camera while Marcus vick speed dials the wrong #...That's how!Will Russell's # get called when it's time to put the starting front 4 into the line-up?
    • Michael_33=After Barker getting the Axe,look for the redskins to sign a good punter...Michael averaged 43.4 yards per punt in highschool...However;he didn't go to college...But don't count him out..!!He expects to walk on and beat out Joe Lavender or whoever the heck the skins signed a few weeks ago...i would say he's got just as good of a chance to make the team as Maurice Clarett does at not complaing how hard the NFL players HIT!

I do simulate all the games. I only play pre-season ones just to look at my teams. But it gets pretty boring later in the franchise becuase my team is so good and there really is no more challenge. I make the playoffs almost every year.

After for scouting rookies, I tend to find better players in the later rounds. I usually trade my first round pick away for a position that I need. You just have to look at the info they give you and made a gut decision on who you think will do the best.

Well, one thing I do is to try and get better picks is sign some high profile guy i dont need and trade them for high picks. As to find high rookies, i usually range between 65-80. However, the draft classes i used are simulated ones from the ncaa 2004, and i got players on my team like Kevin Jones at 82, Ben Roethlisberger at 83, Sean Taylor at 92, Heath Miller at 82, Justin Blaylock at 80, Tommie Harris and Dave Ball at 79. One thing i heard to do is increase the stats of lotsa profile college players in ncaa, then simulate the season and save the draft class to make all the players good.

Originally posted by NavyDave

I was gonna skip Madden 2005 but with Joe Gibbus Maximus at the Helm how can I?

Good question. I actually like the skins team in Madden '04. They have the speed to go against basically any other team in the game. Spurrier's playbook if my favorite in the whole game, it actually works very well. I would say I'm going to skip 2005 and just download the roster update for 2004.

Archived