Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TO is trying to Curse Garcia????

StevieInferior

Something is not right about this man:

Terrell Owens places Jeff Garcia on Madden 2005 cover

Free agent receiver attempts to put hex on estranged former teammate.

Superstitious football fans have long believed that any player featured on the cover of Electronic Arts' wildly popular "Madden" football games is doomed to suffer from a sort of jinx. Debilitating injuries sustained by past cover models Daunte Culpepper, Marshall Faulk, and Michael Vick have bolstered the theory. Sensing yet another potential revenue stream, enterprising Electronic Arts executives recently put the cover position for Madden NFL 2005 up for sale.

Terrell Owens submitted this Madden NFL 2005 cover design to EA for consideration.

EA had hoped to benefit financially from players or general managers who were looking to put a key competitor on the disabled list. What they didn't expect was to get involved in the ongoing feud between free agent wide receiver Terrell Owens and San Francisco 49ers quarterback Jeff Garcia. "When we came up with the idea, we were expecting [Washington Redskins owner] Daniel Snyder to jump all over it," said EA president, John Riccitiello. "I mean, he's already wasted a small fortune. It seemed logical that he'd pay us some of that money to put [Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan] McNabb out of commission. We never anticipated TO's interest."

Owens paid an undisclosed amount to EA for the rights to put Garcia on the cover, further chilling the relationship between the former teammates. Matters between the two players were already strained to the breaking point earlier this year when some revealing comments by Owens were posted on his official Web site: "I'M WILLING 2 WORKOUT A CONTRACT IF THE NINERS CN GET A QB 2 MATCH MY SKILLS AS A RECEIVER! HOW ABOUT HIS DUI SITUATION? EVERYBODY WANTS 2 CRITICIZE ME 4 THIS & THAT, BUT HV I REPRESENTED THE 49ERS N THT FASHION, NOPE-I DN'T THINK SO!"

Owens declined to speak with GameSpot on the matter.

When reached at his home for comment, Garcia responded "It's like Gary Payton said. 'I didn't sign up for this s***.'"

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6087431/p-2.html

That is twisted as hell!

Originally posted by StevieInferior

"When we came up with the idea, we were expecting [Washington Redskins owner] Daniel Snyder to jump all over it," said EA president, John Riccitiello. "I mean, he's already wasted a small fortune. It seemed logical that he'd pay us some of that money to put [Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan] McNabb out of commission. We never anticipated TO's interest."

Of COURSE, gotta get in a cheapshot to Snyder, a critical component of anything related to football! Geez.

Archived