Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why do we need Portis?

3DaysLatr

No Ernie, I was not forgetting about Lachey, in fact I metioned him as one of the steals.

I misunderstood you then. It's just that we brought in some big names and small names in Gibbs I and Lachey was already a known quantity (he may have already been in a Pro Bowl with San Diego).

Originally posted by Snagletooth

I think we are making the best out of a bad situation with Bailey.

I agree, Snag. By all reports, Bailey dislikes Snyder, and he didn't hide it. Snyder either created the dislike or exacerbated it by offering Bailey a contract that Bailey thought disrespected him, which it probably did. There is no cure for this kind of a situation except divorce. Bailey wants out, Snyder doesn't want him here, and we are getting what we can for him. Getting Portis, even if we have to give up a pick, is making lemonade out of a lemon.

Originally posted by Troy Fakeman

Definitely not a good thing.....but look at what his agent is doing....and look at the situation.....Either way, Gibbs has the ultimate plan.

No, a trade will not happen.

Say Gibbs trades Ramsey for picks. Ok, now who the hell is are other QB who Gibbs has repeatedly said he needs? To minimize the risk of drafting QBs, we would have to trade up somehow, either giving up the picks gotten from Ramsey or players on the roster. The former option will eliminate the possibility of drafting defensive players, which is the reason you are citing for the "trade for Ramsey". The latter option would create even more holes to be filled, which could also be filled through the draft. Either way we would not have enough draft picks to fill the gaping holes caused by such actions.

Also if we draft a QB, that guy will have no experience, so that won't happen unless there is another capable experienced QB on the roster. And who is that QB, Rod Gardner?

Plus, all this is completely ignoring the fact that Gibbs said he does not plan to focus on QBs in the combines, and Gibbs saying that Ramsey has a great future with the Skins!

You're neglecting free agency; that's how he's going to manage the few draft picks that we will have. You could make the argument that Ramsey could also be replaced in free agency, but come on, that is not happening. There aren't any FA QBs out there with his ability and potential.

Originally posted by redman

How do we want to know that Portis "wants to play football?" After two short years and at 22 years of age, he's complaining about money in Denver on a team that's winning. All we know about him is that he doesn't want to play in Denver.

Wouldn't u be just a little ticked if u were 22 years old and i two years put up 3,099 yrds rushing and are only making 350k a year? He has a right to be pissed, and Denver doesn't want to pay him the money, plus they have a habit of getting great running backs, so replacing Portis should be easy for them. Denver isn't as lucky pickin CB as they are RB, so of course if they can afford the best corner in the game to improve their weak point, that's what their gonna do. Case and point, Portis wants to get paid for what he's earned, and even tho we don't know his feeling towards our team, we know for a fact champ doesn't want to be here.

--------------------------------------------

0-16, 19-0, skins fan till i die!!!

Archived