Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Back to the Draft....Trade Down

bredskin

Originally posted by JWB

It all depends on what happens in free agency guys, you are jumping the gun.

It does depend, but it's still quite possible there will be a trade down. There are now 6 elite level players in the draft, and come draft day eve some team will be chomping at the bit to move up to 5 to get one of them. It always happens. If the offer isn't good enough, then KW2 or ST. No big whoop.

If Sean Taylor isn't there at #5 then I would try to trade as far down and get as many picks as possible. The trade with the Pats would probably be the best bet at that point. But if Taylor is there take him and hope we get Kearse, Ted Washington and Daniels for the d-line. And then Vincent, Winfield or Plummer at CB.

Originally posted by TankRizzo

I'd feel a lot more comfortable w/ the loss of champ if we got Taylor out of the draft. I hope this is something where we can wait for the draft and if he's gone then trade down because there really isn't anyone else I'd want to take at the #5 spot.

:applause:

Originally posted by SKINZ_DOMIN8

Bottom Line: If we take Taylor and/or Winslow we are on crack.

We NEED Defensive Line help. For the life of me, I do not know why there is this huge demand for a safety in the first round. What a waste of a pick.

Of course we need DL help. Hopefully we can do it in FA, but we are now counting on FA to get us a CB, TE and DL. If we go for Kearse it will break the bank as far as filling the other needs, so I hope we don't do that.

And, with Bailey gone we need some DB help, and maybe Taylor can provide it. I'd go for him WAY over Winslow. The question is, can Taylor and a mediocre CB be as effective in shutting down an opponent's passing game as Champ plus a mediocre S? What do you guys think about that?

Archived