Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CB- De Angelo Hall a good replacement

MAATopDogg

Do you guys think he is a good replacement for Champ?

DEANGELO HALL Cornerback

Junior | Virginia Tech

HT:5'11

WT:197

FORTY:4.25 (unofficial)

BIO: One of the nation's most electrifying return men, Hall is spending time at WR this season as well as maintaining his duties on Special teams and at corner. He returned 2 punts for TDs as a Junior and reportedly timed a 4.15 at Va Tech's Spring timing day.

ANALYSIS: Excellent athlete and big play guy still needing techinical work and consistency as a corner. Has the ability to be a 1st Round pick. Strong in run support and plays the game with an attitude. Sometimes can be too agressive and trusts his recovery speed too much. Top flight return man.

OVERALL: If he came out early, probably a 2nd Rounder, maybe a top 20 player in '05.

Would rather have an established FA than go with a rookie draft pick. There are enough quality corners this year that we will pick up at least one if Bailey is traded.

Plus, the Skins have other positions in draft to be more concerned about with like DL, C, RB, S, and TE.

Hall is fast and has a great hip turn which shows in the shiftiness of his returns but still has a LOT to learn about the CB position. He's a guy who would start out playing a lot of nickel.

From what I saw of Strait this year, he seems pretty physical and does a very good job in run support. I question his coverage skills though. He seemed to allow too much separation on those rare occasions the opposing QB had time to throw.

Gamble and Dunta Robinson may have the highest upside but at this point Will Poole may be the best all around corner available.

He could probably start right away for a team that really needs a corner. He played under Pete Carroll so he should have pretty good instincts and knowledge.

Too many people in the DC area watch too much VT football and lose a lot of objectivitiy when it comes to NFL prospects. Just my opinion. Tech was junk this year, but so many people are so high on their individual players. Obviously Hall is one of the guys that still could not figure out how to be a team player.

Originally posted by Zen-like Todd

At this point Deangelo Hall is a spectacular athlete, not a cornerback. If you draft him, you are gambling on being able to develop his skills in the secondary. Basically, deion athleticism without deion skills. I dont know anything about his personality, but hopefully he doesnt have deion's attitude.

He reminds me exactly of Deion (attitude wise). It makes my stomach turn. He talks so much trash for the weakest plays, and then turns around and gets smoked.

MeAngelo Hall is crap. I loved seeing him get smoked by every receiver on the UVA squad. He is fast, but is a complete joke in coverage and can't tackle my grandma. Love to see him talk smack and then get barbequed for a TD.

He would look good in a Dallas uniform.

GO HOOS

HAIL SKINS

As a VT Fan, I have seen Hall quite often.

And, well, I can't disagree with you guys.

He has a Deion attitude. Me Me Me.

Tremendous return man. Great Athlete. Shiftiness. Speed. All of the above. Can make Dante Hall like returns.

Can't play CB too well, though. Can learn, I suppose, but I don't know if he'll take education well. Makes a big play every now and then, but gets burned when he takes chance. Relies too much on his speed.

I have to agree with the masses, great athlete..... average corner with the middle name "Leon". Reminds me of Tulane CB from last year, great returner and fast but needs bigtime work on technique and overall cornerback fundamentals.

So...with Bauman in his third year.... can he step into the starting position? I like his toughness, but I just haven't seen enough of him to ascertain wether he can be a solid starter.

I watched him play at Deep Creek high, ( local guy ), and VA-tech,

he has great athletic ability with speed. GREAT return guy, I do

believe with a good DB backs coach in the NFL he will become a

pretty good CB. So I do disagree he should not be labeled as CRAP!!!!

Talks smack and doesn't back it up.

Not necessarily true.

Ask Miami if he backed up his pre game talk against them.

Hint: he did.

But then he got into the brawl at the end of the game when Miami began crying in disbelief that they were going to lose.

And therefore was supended the first half against Pitt and L. fitzgerald.

He has the talent to be an elite DB. And punt returner. but his problem (like many) will be attitude, focus, and work ethic.

He does have a bit of the peeon attitude. And that is likely going to keep him from developing into the player he could become.

Originally posted by Skeletor The Invincible

As a VT Fan, I have seen Hall quite often.

And, well, I can't disagree with you guys.

He has a Deion attitude. Me Me Me.

Tremendous return man. Great Athlete. Shiftiness. Speed. All of the above. Can make Dante Hall like returns.

Can't play CB too well, though. Can learn, I suppose, but I don't know if he'll take education well. Makes a big play every now and then, but gets burned when he takes chance. Relies too much on his speed.

I appreciate the unbiased response

:cheers: :applause:

Archived