Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Trade Scenario

StevieInferior

Forget about Champ. Lets worry about QB. Although I do not think we will trade Ramsey, I can't help but think of trade scenarios. i am interested what you all think of a scenario going through my head. I think many will agree that having a young QB along with a vet is an ideal situation. But does this have to be with Ramsey? Lets say we give up our third for Brunell. Then we trade Ramsey for Miami's 20th. Then we trade our second (that's what i hear the going rate is) for Drew Henson. We could draft Taylor, Udeze or KW2 at # 5 and someone like Kevin Jones or Jackson at 20. Would the team be better off now or in the furture? just wondering as I know nothing about Henson, but people say he would have been a top five pick.

PR is far more of a proven commodity than Henson. He is also much cheaper than Henson would be cap wise. Henson started 8 games in college four years ago. A lot of people look at Chad Hutchinson of the pukes to see how a top qb prospect does after being out of the game for several years.

Even if you were sure that Henson was an excellent PROSPECT, that would not give Gibbs the two starter quality qb's he said he MUST have for this year. Henson is definitely a long way away from being able to start effectively in the NFL. Ramsey though still young has shown what he can do and what is in his heart. I think we can all project what he will be able to do with professional grade schemes and coaching. Put that trade out of your mind.

The 20th??

First of all-No trade dude, get over this garbage.

Second--Carr and Harrington were taken 1st and 3rd, and he has played better than both of them. Ramsey is worth more than the 20th pick--period.

Third--You don't trade young QBs with all that potential UNLESS you have another young or young proven QB that is battle-tested himself.

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

The 20th??

Second--Carr and Harrington were taken 1st and 3rd, and he has played better than both of them. Ramsey is worth more than the 20th pick--period.

Don't forget, those 2 also have mega-contracts. Ramsey's is tiny compared to those two, which would also increase his trade value. The #20 pick is an insult.

Originally posted by Eparadox

Don't forget, those 2 also have mega-contracts. Ramsey's is tiny compared to those two, which would also increase his trade value. The #20 pick is an insult.

The idea of trading Ramsey at all is an insult. After all the debate about this matter over the past week, anyone that still seriously believes he will be traded is about seven mcnuggets short of a six pack. :doh:

:rant:

Archived