Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins/Chiefs Talking?

vegeta613

Break out the peace pipe and the pemmican -- the Chiefs and the Redskins could be coming together to strike a major trade for a pretty potent papoose.

As ESPN.com first reported on Friday, Redskins cornerback Champ "Runs Like Deer With Runs" Bailey's image is atop the trading totem pole.

And we're hearing the Chiefs coach Dick "No Can Defense" Vermeil and G.M. Carl "Small Man Big Mouth" Peterson are working hard on striking a deal with Redskins owner Dan "Chief Too Little To Wear Headdress" Snyder for the rights to Bailey, who's scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent in March.

It's possible that a deal could be announced as soon as Saturday, as the Chiefs pounce on the opportunity to beef up a porous defense that drew disses even more Commissioner Paul Tagliabue at his annual state of the league address two weeks ago.

If the deal goes through, our guess is that the Chiefs will use, at a minimum, the first-round pick that they previously were willing (as we've been told) to ship to the Steelers in return for receiver Plaxico "Too Tall for Teepee" Burress.

And what the Chiefs have to ask themselves in the end is whether they want to burn up that first-round pick and much more for the ability to stick a finger in a crumbling dam of a defense, or whether they want to give up a lot less to get a guy who can help their offense get to the level that Vermeil enjoyed in St. Louis.

Sure, they've got bigger problems on defense. But with all of those dropped passes in that fateful home playoff loss to the Colts, we'd be far more interested in getting a fast, big, reliable receiver than in getting a guy who can't make the other 10 guys around him any better.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Maybe their #1 pick, #2 pick and Eric Hicks who could play LDE who is a young, fairly decent pass rusher.

Or maybe their #1 pick and RB Larry Johnson who they drafted in the 1st round last year. Except I'm scared sh!tless of taking Penn State running backs. :laugh:

But as complex as Bailey's contract will be, I can't see how they could get a contract and trade, signed, sealed and delivered by Saturday! :laugh:

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

BCS,

Did you seriously suggest getting a defensive player off of that defense? :laugh:

Really

That's not exactly a top flight defensive unit out in KC

Just ask Peyton Manning :laugh:

No, I like Drex's idea better, their 1st rounder this year AND RB Larry Johnson

NO NO NO !!!!!!!!!!!!! This is freaking horrible. Many of you, thank GOD realize that Kansas Crappy picks way too low to even be a remotely good idea in a trade for Champ. Some of these front office people must be on crack. At the very least we get a #1 this year, a 3rd and and and and .........a #1 next year. That is all I would even remotely consider. I hope Dan Snyder doesn't pull the trigger on this abomination.

Originally posted by Chrisbob74

Eric Hicks is a free agent!

You're sharp Chrisbob. You're right. :laugh: Scratch Eric Hicks. So much for these sharp Yank Redskins fans. :doh:

I dont know. Kansas City is only obligated to surrender two #1 draft picks. One in 2004 and one in 2005. I guess its too bad if they aint high enough. :laugh:

Don't make a lick of sense, actually.

A top-flight corner is worth at least a top 5 pick AND another pick. That's the thing about proven YOUNG commodities, they're far superior to unproven players who could bust out.

KC would essentially be giving up what's close to a second rounder for the an elite CB, one of the hardest positions to fill.

GImme a break, we'd be getting reamed in such a deal.

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

Don't make a lick of sense, actually.

A top-flight corner is worth at least a top 5 pick AND another pick. That's the thing about proven YOUNG commodities, they're far superior to unproven players who could bust out.

you are right the problem is we don't have the advantage hehe, champ does and the other teams know it

First, I live in KC, actually Leavenworth but listen to KC sports radio, and there is not a PEEP about this round here. Now that doesn't really mean anything though. These talk radio guys out here are marginal at best.

Second DO NOT, repeat DO NOT think Larry Johnson is the answer at RB. He's NOT! Betts is better.

And thirdly, as previously discussed, they have nobody obn D we want or need other than maybe getting Barber back.

Bottomline, if there is ANY truth to this rumor, let's hope it goes away - FAST

Screw that deal with KC.

1. Their first rounder is 30th overall, which is way too high for Bailey.

2. Eric Hicks' abilities have been precipitously declining. No way is he the answer even if he agreed to play for us for free.

3. Larry Johnson = Penn St. running back. I'm not usually superstitious, but this might be an exception.

4. Ryan Sims. One word: bust.

All in all, unless we're getting their first and Tony Gonzalez, screw this idea big time.

Archived