Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Singapore

frankbones

My girlfriend has been offered a position that would require her to relocate to Singapore for a 12-18 month stint. There are obviously many details that need to be ironed out before she (or me for that matter) would consider doing this.

Does anybody here have any personal experiences in Singapore. From all accounts it seems like a very beatiful city, everybody speaks English, and is affordable. Any info would be much appreciated.

P.S. If i do go with her, I will probably need somebody to tape Redskins games for me unless Direct TV is available in Singapore

Originally posted by frankbones

My girlfriend has been offered a position that would require her to relocate to Singapore for a 12-18 month stint. There are obviously many details that need to be ironed out before she (or me for that matter) would consider doing this.

Does anybody here have any personal experiences in Singapore. From all accounts it seems like a very beatiful city, everybody speaks English, and is affordable. Any info would be much appreciated.

P.S. If i do go with her, I will probably need somebody to tape Redskins games for me unless Direct TV is available in Singapore

Direct TV is only for North America.

Singapore is expensive.

Don't break the laws.

-- Enjoy it..

I've spent a bit of time in Singapore, and it's possibly the world's most boring city.

EDIT: Sorry, had to run off to a meeting, but I was going to continue: the advantage is that you have all of Southeast Asia to explore in your backyard, and if you're earning in US dollars, it's not that expensive.

The food is wonderful; the government is oppressive.

Originally posted by Dexter's Better

Direct TV is only for North America.

Singapore is expensive.

Don't break the laws.

-- Enjoy it..

Direct TV blows! But i don't believe they have comcast either. Singapore isn't in Veitnam is it? :paranoid:

-----------------------------------

0-16, 19-0, skins fan till i die!!!

i went to singapore this summer with my girlfriend...beautiful city...killer humidity since its near the equador....but if ur not quite the law abidors i say watch urself...they give a 500 dollar fine for spitting on the street....but there is virtually no crime no murder no guns no drugs...you get the death penalty if your caught w/ any type of narcotic or pot....but you can walk on the streets at 3 in the morning and not feel threatened at all...so to sum up....awesome city....don't do anything illegal(or just dont' get caught :cheers: )...and make sure you can take the heat and rain..cause it rains a whole lot down there

I'm raised up in Thailand, which is not quite far from that. Yes, as people've mentioned, weather will be a major concern for you. Very hot and humid. City is nice though (I've been there a couple of times, just for travelling), and the law enforcement is extremely strict.

Living expense should not be a problem, as long as you (or your g/f, in this case) get paid in US$. Very peaceful and quiet, not so many places to hang out, unlike Bangkok, Thailand, that city is beautiful and awesome!!!

Thanks for the info guys, it's a long shot. It would have to be a pretty sweet deal for her to go. I'm a little wary, but for a year it could be an interesting experience. I have got somebody to tape Redskins games if need be, now I need to find somebody to tape Buckeye games. :)

Archived