Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

is our rb on the roster already?

bsmsss

Betts didn't even show up for meetings.

Ladell was pretty pissed off when he found out about that "report" (I'm assuming you're talking about the PFW "whispers" sentence) and claims to have never missed a meeting in his life.

FWIW...

Originally posted by Max

Ladell was pretty pissed off when he found out about that "report" (I'm assuming you're talking about the PFW "whispers" sentence) and claims to have never missed a meeting in his life.

FWIW...

I would be pissed too if they found out i missed a practice ;)

Originally posted by jbooma

our backup is but not the starter

I couldn't agree with you more JBooma. Betts could be a solid back if he stayed healthy. But HE NEVER IS, this is the NFL! Running backs get hit, thats the way it works and if you can't take a hit then you have no place as a every down back.

The 2004 starter may be on our roster today, but before he becomes the starter, I think he's going to have to beat out the veteran back I strongly suspect the team will add between now and training camp.

Betts has the look of an NFL back, but hasn't been on the field enough to be counted on as "the guy." He'll have to earn that.

Originally posted by Om

The 2004 starter may be on our roster today, but before he becomes the starter, I think he's going to have to beat out the veteran back I strongly suspect the team will add between now and training camp.

OM is right even last year we gave him the oppurtunity to be the starter in camp but he got hurt. He was hurt in his first camp.

We are bringing aboard a veteran RB I would bet the house on it.

He was hurt in his first camp.

I don't remember Ladell being injured in his rookie season and I couldn't find any mention of an injury looking back thru the rookie diary he did for redskins.com.

Can you refresh my memory?

While we're talking about injury, he did manage to start 43 of 46 games at Iowa, with 42 consecutive games started. If he truly is injury prone (and if breaking your arm makes you injury prone, most of America probably fits the bill), then it has just set in over the last year. Way too early to tag him with that label, IMO.

Just gotta see how it shakes out in camp. :)

Originally posted by ramseyskins

Noooooooo we must draft Taylor!! He's awesome!

Just kidding. I can't believe people want to use our #5 on a SAFETY, when we've got nothing but crap at dline.

and I can't believe you just said that....why would you pass up the chance for the next ronnie lott and grab some guys in FA....there are (NO) better fs's in FA right now.....

your looking for d-line in the draft when FA is when were going to pick them up....:doh:

Why??

Betts didn't even show up for meetings. Candidate is not a starter. Rock is good but he is not a guy that can handle 25 carries a game.

Now I think Betts could be a good backup but not a stater he is not dependable.

What evidence to you to back that claim ?

Why??

Betts didn't even show up for meetings. Candidate is not a starter. Rock is good but he is not a guy that can handle 25 carries a game.

Now I think Betts could be a good backup but not a stater he is not dependable.

regarding Rock

Originally posted by Sage

I don't remember Ladell being injured in his rookie season and I couldn't find any mention of an injury looking back thru the rookie diary he did for redskins.com.

Can you refresh my memory?

While we're talking about injury, he did manage to start 43 of 46 games at Iowa, with 42 consecutive games started. If he truly is injury prone (and if breaking your arm makes you injury prone, most of America probably fits the bill), then it has just set in over the last year. Way too early to tag him with that label, IMO.

Just gotta see how it shakes out in camp. :)

He was hurt the year before also. Thats why Watson was playing. I was in a fantacy league and remember him being hurt

for several weeks.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/was2002.htm

He was only on the roster 11 out 16 games

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/games/BettLa00.htm#2003

Looks like he was out games 8-12 and 15 and 16

Thats half the season. I think it was his ancke

Archived