Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Terps Basketball

Bozman777

Strawberry is an excellent defender but he's no offensive threat at all.

The key position in the flex offense is shooting guard. Chris McCray provides nothing offensively. Mike Jones should be starting, as he's obviously the team's most explosive player.

Today McCray played 37 freaking minutes and scored 9 points.

Jones played only 10 minutes and scored 6 points.

I understand what Gary is trying to do by keeping Jones, Ibekwe and Fofana mostly on the bench, but they are not sitting behind seasoned vets, they're sitting behind sophomores. Frankly, playing the freshmen gives the team a better chance to win now and in the future, particularly Jones, who is twice the player McCray will ever be.

All that said, defense is the biggest problem. 80 points for that peewee offense that NC State runs? That is ridiculous! Caner-Medley in particular gets abused every game defensively.

Today's loss was huge. This was one of Maryland's easiest ACC games (though Comcast Center was dead today for some reason). The NIT is looking more and more likely.

Good post by Ryskins. Hassan Fofana is going to be a terror for other teams by the time he leaves Maryland. I can not really get upset at this team for some reason. I guess I feel I can't complain since the championship is still in my mind.

Archived