Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stephen Davis' Reaction to Redskins

StevieInferior

Originally posted by mhd24

Taylor has been healty for two straight years. He's been more productive then Davis, and doesn't fumble. He played with a rookie quarter back against better competition, and had more rushing yards.

And Jacksonville rode the great Fred Taylor all the way to the playoffs.:rolleyes: ...Taylor is good but he's no Davis.

If we has kept Davis for the money he was asking, would we have been able to get Coles, Thomas, Hall, and Morton? Especially with the firsth 3, they contribute a lot to the team in different areas than Davis would be able to do just being a RB.

I wish Davis the best of luck in everything he does and I hope he can ge that ring on Sunday.

I love Stehen Davis and hope he has a great Super Bowl. But you guys need to get real--we would have had to re-sign him at $10+ million per year. No way we do that. He would not re-negotiate therefore he had to go even though we all wanted to keep him. I get sick of reading that the Skins and Spurrier dumped Davis.

Originally posted by ccableguy

im gald gibs is back and ss is gone, but isnt it time that davis gets over it, i mean he is about to play in the super bowl and if deavis was still a skin he would have been very unhappy this year also, well until gibbs walked in.

He is "over it". You're right, he's about ready to play in the SB whereas the coach that thought he was of no use to him, sits at home a quitter and a failure in the NFL while SD has a VERY good shot at not only winning the prize, but also being a significant reason why they got there.

There is a difference is being "over it" and not forgetting what happened. He's over it, but he hasn't forgotten...........simple as that!

Oh and while we're at it: GOOD FOR HIM!!! :applause: :applause: He was a class act here, a great player and a professional. He is the reason why I'm rooting for the Cats this weekend.

All of you who are talking about the money he was supposed to get well..............you're ABSOLUTLEY RIGHT! He was ENTIRELY too expensive. But we never even tried to negotiate a new deal. I think one of the reasons SD was/is so upset about getting kicked to the curb by SS, is that he was very happy as a Redskin and wanted to stay.

Originally posted by mhd24

If you are not a top 10 running back, then you shouldn't have a 10 million dollar cap hit. Stephen Davis IS NOT A TOP 10 RUNNING BACK.

Everyone would have these guys ahead of Stephen:

1) Tomlinson

2) Priest Holmes

3) Portis

4) Ahman Green

5) Deuce Mccallister

6) Jamal Lewis

7) Ricky Williams

8) Fred Taylor

9) Marshall Faulk

10) Edge

:bsflag: :confused: :security:

Davis will always be a redskin in my heart and he deserves a ring for putting up with the disrespect that stupid Spurrier had for him and a running game in general.

Davis knows more about pro football then Spurrier ever will.

Go to hell Spurrier. Do not pass go and do not collect 200 dollars!

He was never given the chance to renegotiate much less play in an environment where he wasnt featured.

He's not a top ten back yet he is in the super bowl as an important cog to the offense and the rest are fantasizing on madden 2004.

Even Riggo on Fox news then WTEM this morning compares the panthers and s davis to himself and has went on record saying the kittie kat will win IHO with S Davis the mvp

Archived