Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jacobs in the slot

Vegas-Born

Im just thinking here...its the offseason and I have a lot of time for that.

Everyone seems so high on Mcants as the 3rd (or even 2nd) WR. But I really like Taylor Jacobs. I know he hasn't proven jack yet, but he has the tools.

Does anyone think he will be a bigger part of the Joe Gibbs offense this season? I guess he reminds me of Ricky Sanders.

(I gotta let it go man...I gotta let it go.)

McCants has not shown he's consistent enough to be a reliable No. 3. He's growing as a player and could become that, but to this point, he's still a bit of a project. This team needed a reliable No. 3 receiver. Someone capable of catching 50 balls and taking the heat off the top two guys. We really didn't have that.

Jacobs is a very highly rated prospect that we were fortunate to have in the second. He's got the potential to be a real find for us and to legitimize our third receiver position, more, I think, than McCants does right now based solely on the combination of athletic gifts that comprise a first-round receiving talent in the NFL, which Jacobs was.

He has to play through injury and get out there to prove himself as an NFL player. I think he'll be a very good player for us.

It's hard to say who will step up as the best recievers this season...

Again, the complete lack of coaching set established by Spurrier makes it difficult to gauge each player's potential.

The ones w/ the best work ethic will be the best WRs; that tells me Coles will have a huge year, and everyone else is a question mark.

This reminds me of what everyone was saying about Cliff Russell last offseason. He's got all the tools, he was such a steal, he just needs a little experience, once he's healthy, blah blah blah.

Taylor Jacobs is a second round pick who caught 4 balls in his rookie year. Four. Yeah, he had a freak injury in the preseason (even then he was behind McCants), but once he got healthy he still didn't show much.

I know it's the offseason, the time of hopes and dreams, but I think you should temper this with some reality. Everyone has "potential". What we need is production.

The knock on Jacobs -- the reason he slipped in the draft -- is that he's fragile. Was he a steal? Not so far. We'll see.

I think Patrick has huge value as a special teamer...he realy showed that last season.

I like Mcants, I hope he stays too. But as much playing time as he had his numbers are not all that impressive. A lot of TD's and cluth catches but what about getting open play in and play out.

McCants is an interesting prospect because he is a playmaker. I'm wondering whether Gibbs will try to turn him into a "fast TE" in the way that Mikhael Ricks has become. McCants can certainly add 15 lbs to his frame, and he certainly has the height to play TE.

Originally posted by redman

McCants is an interesting prospect because he is a playmaker. I'm wondering whether Gibbs will try to turn him into a "fast TE" in the way that Mikhael Ricks has become. McCants can certainly add 15 lbs to his frame, and he certainly has the height to play TE.

I thought abot that one too. I remember reading he said he's been thrown in at TE alot playing football because hes so big.

I think with the dysfunctional offense we have put out there the last 3 years ( 1 w/ Shotty - 2 w/ Spurrier) that we have seen nothing from any of our WR's yet. I think Jacobs and McCants will both step up big time and coaching will be a big part of it

I think Jacobs is going to be a great player. I think we really need to get him on the field more often. He is going to be great at these routes Gibbs likes to run b/c he runs such good crisp routes, and his hands are terrific. Along with his speed, he's going to be a really good player.

Originally posted by NavyDave

It possible that jacobs may be a steal but as Sonny always said during the broadcasts, "Good things happen when you throw the ball to McCants."

Great Quote....I agree.....I also think he is more of a baby Boston than a Ricky Sanders......Jacobs was lookin cut in training camp. Only time will tell????

Archived