Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Quincy Wilson

Bazooka Tooth

Originally posted by BleedBurgundy&Gold

Here are his stats. The reason he shakes so many tackles is becuse he is only 5'9"

Quincy Wilson

Number: 3

Running Back

Senior, West Virginia Mountaineers

5-9, 214 lbs., 4.54 (40-yd. dash)

Where'd you get 4.54 from? TSN has him at 4.66. Hmmmm. Here's TSN's profile of Quincy.

Quincy Wilson

War Room analysis

Strengths: Shows good instincts. Shows more quickness than pure speed. Runs with good balance. Runs hard, and breaks a lot of tackles for a short guy. Is shifty, powerful and tough to tackle. Is built well, and runs with good leverage. Shows good quickness and change-of-direction skills. Finds cutback lanes, and shifts weight well in traffic. Catches passes thrown at him. Is sound as a pass blocker. Has good strength at the point of attack, and uses good leverage to uproot the blitzing linebackers.

Weaknesses: Is undersized, and lacks NFL speed. Does not show a second gear in the open field. Is not a threat as a receiver. Is a decent route-runner, but lacks experience catching the ball in game situations.

Bottom line: Wilson, whose father Otis played linebacker for the Bears, didn't start until his senior season but split carries in '02 with the Lions' Avon Cobourne. Wilson shows more quickness than pure speed and shows good vision, instincts and toughness. His lacks of height and straight-line speed limit his NFL potential. He must improve as a blocker and a receiver to increase his value as an NFL backup. Wilson is a late-round prospect.

Dan Pompei analysis

A tough, dependable runner with great vision. Speed is a question. Son of former Bears LB Otis Wilson. No. 9 on Pompei's RB rankings

those stats were from last years draft. http://www.draft2003.com/nlsports/Draft2003.nsf/0/7d93a235117e7d7988256db7001ee203?OpenDocument&Click=

Well, TSN has got those numbers posted for its 2004 Draft Central stuff. In any case, I don't know a whole lot of Quincy, but based on TSN's report, I'm a little leery of him.

Of course, you guys have seen more than anyone else.

We'll see.

His stats dont look great, but the kid plays with so much heart. I agree that if I did not see him run over so many people I would be a little hesitant on his stats alone. cheers

Point taken. Sometimes folks don't look good on paper and are diamonds in the rough. Of course, there are too many others that are paper warriors that end up busting.

Eqaulity,

Was there a better play? Wilson not only juked one Miami player out of his jock, he then proceeded to destroy another one by running through him and finished it off by hurdling another Miami player.

I watched a lot of college football this year, and yeah - I could be biased - but it had to be a top 3 if not the best play of the year.

I just really hope he does not go to the cowboys. That always kills me when a Mountaineer goes to that $hithole they call Dallas. :dallasuck

Half of Dallas's roster id filled with Buckeyes:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :40oz: :dallasuck :wtf:

Originally posted by The Evil Genius

Hogwash,

Is Shadyside the other side (Ohio side) of Wheeling? I used to go to the Shadyside mall all the time (I think thats what it was called)

I grew up in New Martinsville, WV, and I went up to St. Clairsville mall all of the time. I live in Marietta, OH, now... about a mile south and I'm right along the WV border. It's cool to have at least a few people local to me.

Archived