Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Champ Bailey is the best Corner in football.......

michael_33

I thought this would get your attention as well as I see you have wanted to reply to this thread.....

(YES) this is a sarcastic post...!

Champ may be a redskin,but I would trade Law for Champ any day of week!!!

Basically,what I'm trying to say here....

Is if you think champ is the best corner in the NFL.....???

Well,then your wrong...!Cause there's one who I think is better.....!

Is Champ a good corner....SURE!

He's a pretty good corner....love having him...

Lets see here....Law can shut down (the best WR in football) Harrisonj

And champ can't cover Toomer,Booker...? and so on...

Ya.......Lets give him that 100 Billion dollar signing bonus......

I'm not trying to start a heated debate, but this is my point of view. If Champ didn't have to worry about looking back to see if he is needed to tackle a runner because the d-line sucks, then maybe he could cover the wideouts. Just a thought. I used to bash Champ all season, but I'm beginning to give it a second thought. I think we need him on the roster. I'm not even worried about the salary cap because I know Gibbs will have a lot of input and influence the right decision on how much Champ is worth.

A Good Brotha is right.

Bailey is the best CB in the league. To say that he can't cover Toomer and Booker is just ridiculous. I don't ever recall a team lighting the Redskins up through the air. They run the ball down our throats. Then after run, run, run, you hit play action pass and for a huge gain when the corners are pressin or on a corner blitz. And if you look at the stat book, and watch the games if and when the other team makes a long pass play it's either when our defense is in dime or nickle, or in a zone coverage, and rarely is that play in Champ's zone.

Champ is BY FAR the best man-to-man cover corner in the NFL today. he has speed and a sixth sense for the ball..

call me a homer, call me what you want, but the pro bowl voters must see what i see...

And to comment on Ty Law... by the looks of Mannings Jersey, it looks like he had been sacked, knocked down, hurried, and brutalized by the Pats pass rush.

Maybe if the Redskins had a pass rush then you'd see Champ's INT's increase.

The analogy i use when it comes to Bailey and Arrington and the way they are used in that defense.

It's like a soccer mom driving a Ferrari. A Ferrari is great, but you need someone who know what they're doing to get it to perform.

YOu guys wait and see what those two will be doing under Coach Gibbs....

Ty is on a better defensive team with a good scheme Champ is a great DB without a D line. The Refs surely didn't call a very fair game. I'm not going to take anything for Ty but why are Redskin fans jumping on Champ? Is it because his contact is up and he's up for a new deal? What about when the only good thing the Redskins had was Champ and Stephen Davis? We loved him then I'm about to watch Davis play I would hate for that to happen with Champ also. Just be patient if our coach likes the guy I think we should also. We had a first year coordinator and a D line that was below average. The Patriots have one 14 in a row and it wasn't all because of Ty Law. I think getting pressure on the QB had a little to do with some of those picks. When was the last time we had a D-line that got pressure on the QB?

Jay Master,

You obviously watch Redskins football.

Champ has been in the league since 99 and in his first 4 seasons, he's had 4 head coaches and 4 defensive coordinators.

And despite all of that instability, he manages to put up Pro Bowl caliber numbers year after year.

What more to you people want out of him?

Champ wasn't and isn't our problem our D Line is the problem if we want to be playing this time next year. Let's think about our problems and stop trying to create new ones by getting rid of one of our best players. This isn't Playstation and you just cant keep plugging in new players. Champ has been on our team the longest and other players look to him as a leader and one of our best players.

Since when is 2 interceptions and 9 passes defended worthy of a Pro Bowl selection? I watched Champ get burned game after game this year. I'm not saying that Smoot is a better corner. But he was better this year. Let me see Champ not bite on the stop and go just once and I'll change my tune.

Fact is Chump turned down huge $ to stay. Take that for what it is worth, but it is significant. Champ got to the Pro Bowl because his is popular, not because he got burnt often, once DCs started to throw at him. He cried because he wanted to return punts, so they let him-remember that??-he embarrased himself. Champ the 2-way threat?-NOT. He is not worth the money. If the DLine was better our secondary would be too. But Champ did zilch, zero this year to warrant that money. Wasn't Lavar talking about him and some other guys that were laughing after one of our many losses this year?

We wont even have the same team or problems next year. We have a new leader and he will get the team in the right direction. We will be a team and things will be different so why not try to forget the nightmare that was Redskin football for the past 10 years. Stop saying we need to draft TE and get all these other high price FA. Let the man Joe Gibbs do what he does best and create a fundamentally sound team? Champ aint the problem and he aint leaving so why keep up these post like he is anything but a man who needs a new contract? That he will get for the REDSKINS per our leader JOE GIBBS.

Archived