Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why not Travis Henry?

Chopper Dave

When people keep on suggesting we should go after Jackson or Jones with the 5th overall, they have to realize that we would be getting an unproven product. So to all that fell we should use our #1 on a RB (and I'm slowly traveling to that camp), then I propose we trade it for a proven entity.

Enter Travis Henry. I know, I know. Most people are saying "Are you kidding? Travis Henry for just a first?" No. We'd probably have to give up more. But we could trade Champ to get a 1st and a 2nd or 3rd, replacing him with one of the FAs (Santa, I want Chris McAllister for Christmas). And with McGahee clearly in Buffalo's plans, Henry isn't all that safe. We could still come out with a top-10 pick, and top-10 corner, and also gain a top-10 RB in the process. Sounds like something to pursue.

The McGahee thing is the x-factor. If they drafted him as trade bait, which I doubt Donahoe is dumb enough to do, then we could make a run at him, but they wouldn't take less than our first. I doubt he'll be traded. So it would seem TH would be the one on the block. Henry might not be in their good graces, especially depending on who becomes their new coach.

We NEED to pursue this. He's a 1300-1400 yard back, at least, and he's played under Williams (true, he won't be coaching the O, but still, the connection is there). I'm sure everyone in the league would kill to play for Gibbs, so getting him to lobby for the trade wouldn't be TOO hard, considering he was pissed about them drafting McGahee.

So, write to your Senators, State Reps, village idiots, town whores, hell, whoever you have to, but let's at least pitch this to whoever will listen.

Oh, BTW, just saw on ESPN, Igor Olshansky from Oregon (DT) is entering the draft. We must have him. The guy is freak strong, and very athletic. Limited experience, but tons of talent. He could be a cornerstone (or centerstone, if you want to nitpick) of our DL.

When people keep on suggesting we should go after Jackson or Jones with the 5th overall, they have to realize that we would be getting an unproven product. So to all that fell we should use our #1 on a RB (and I'm slowly traveling to that camp), then I propose we trade it for a proven entity.

Enter Travis Henry. I know, I know. Most people are saying "Are you kidding? Travis Henry for just a first?" No. We'd probably have to give up more. But we could trade Champ to get a 1st and a 2nd or 3rd, replacing him with one of the FAs (Santa, I want Chris McAllister for Christmas). And with McGahee clearly in Buffalo's plans, Henry isn't all that safe. We could still come out with a top-10 pick, and top-10 corner, and also gain a top-10 RB in the process. Sounds like something to pursue.

The McGahee thing is the x-factor. If they drafted him as trade bait, which I doubt Donahoe is dumb enough to do, then we could make a run at him, but they wouldn't take less than our first. I doubt he'll be traded. So it would seem TH would be the one on the block. Henry might not be in their good graces, especially depending on who becomes their new coach.

We NEED to pursue this. He's a 1300-1400 yard back, at least, and he's played under Williams (true, he won't be coaching the O, but still, the connection is there). I'm sure everyone in the league would kill to play for Gibbs, so getting him to lobby for the trade wouldn't be TOO hard, considering he was pissed about them drafting McGahee.

So, write to your Senators, State Reps, village idiots, town whores, hell, whoever you have to, but let's at least pitch this to whoever will listen.

Oh, BTW, just saw on ESPN, Igor Olshansky from Oregon (DT) is entering the draft. We must have him. The guy is freak strong, and very athletic. Limited experience, but tons of talent. He could be a cornerstone (or centerstone, if you want to nitpick) of our DL.

Word outta barfallo is the bills intend to keep both Henry & McGahee this yr, Henry is not on the trading block. One of the criteria that they are using in the coaching search is asking coaches how the would utilize both RBs. That is part of the reason why they like Weis so much.

Word outta barfallo is the bills intend to keep both Henry & McGahee this yr, Henry is not on the trading block. One of the criteria that they are using in the coaching search is asking coaches how the would utilize both RBs. That is part of the reason why they like Weis so much.

I really don't think that Travis is in any Burgandy and Gold plans. I agree with an earlier post that a Gibbs attack requires a littlw more beef and between the tackles ability.

I however beleve that we might have a real shot at Corey Dillon. A big fast guy that was great on two or three really bad Bengal teams. Put him behind a good O-line and I think he could be something special. Furthermore, he doesn't like the bengals and they have Rudy Johnson now...why not. It could be relatively cheap.

I really don't think that Travis is in any Burgandy and Gold plans. I agree with an earlier post that a Gibbs attack requires a littlw more beef and between the tackles ability.

I however beleve that we might have a real shot at Corey Dillon. A big fast guy that was great on two or three really bad Bengal teams. Put him behind a good O-line and I think he could be something special. Furthermore, he doesn't like the bengals and they have Rudy Johnson now...why not. It could be relatively cheap.

Archived