Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Mike Anderson a FA?

EvilMonkeyBoy

I'm not so sure he's all that "great". As a lot of you know my wife is a Bronco fan and having Direct TV, I see all the Bronco games. I think he is more of a product of the system. You could put just about anybody back there and gain yards with that line. Look at Gary in Detroit. He had a great year with the Broncos but didn't do a damn thing this year.

I'm not so sure he's all that "great". As a lot of you know my wife is a Bronco fan and having Direct TV, I see all the Bronco games. I think he is more of a product of the system. You could put just about anybody back there and gain yards with that line. Look at Gary in Detroit. He had a great year with the Broncos but didn't do a damn thing this year.

Originally posted by Bang

I believe big giant Gibbs type back Rudi Johnson is a restricted free agent in Cincy

I think that bears watching.

~Bang

No way Marvin Lewis would give Rudi up, him and Watson are gonna be a damn good combo next year, since Dillon will be out of the picture.

Originally posted by Bang

I believe big giant Gibbs type back Rudi Johnson is a restricted free agent in Cincy

I think that bears watching.

~Bang

No way Marvin Lewis would give Rudi up, him and Watson are gonna be a damn good combo next year, since Dillon will be out of the picture.

Originally posted by Skin-N-NY

Gary had a serious leg break and has had trouble getting on the field ever since, and even when he was in there, he was by far the least stellar of any back to play of the Broncos, he didn't have much more than 1,000 yards I believe. Anderson doesn't have any troubles with his legs, knows how to block and at least deserves a shot. He has the attitude we need, it wouldn't kill us to try.

Originally posted by Skin-N-NY

Gary had a serious leg break and has had trouble getting on the field ever since, and even when he was in there, he was by far the least stellar of any back to play of the Broncos, he didn't have much more than 1,000 yards I believe. Anderson doesn't have any troubles with his legs, knows how to block and at least deserves a shot. He has the attitude we need, it wouldn't kill us to try.

the only great back gibbs had was riggo. don't get me wrong he had mediocre backs have great seasons, but no real dominant back. so i'm not convince he won't be happy with what he has. probably drop a back and pick up a dynamic fb.

the only great back gibbs had was riggo. don't get me wrong he had mediocre backs have great seasons, but no real dominant back. so i'm not convince he won't be happy with what he has. probably drop a back and pick up a dynamic fb.

ok so maybe mediocre was a poor choice of words and a bit harsh. gibbs had solid backs, but the fact remains most weren't considered top tier talent. they were tough vets. i think gibbs system, or should i say shanahan's system is alot like gibbs', in that you could put any runner in the system,( portis, anderson, TD, or timmy smith, byner, ricky irvin) it doesn't matter they will all succeed because the offenses puts them in a position to. i don't think you can count out betts or anyone else out because really don't know what they can do. i mean even our most talented players didn't play well with spurrier. who's to say betts, or rock isn't the next piston in the gibbs machine. i just don't believe we can address all our weaknesses, and after assessing our team i think gibbs could see our biggest weaknesses isn't at RB.

ok so maybe mediocre was a poor choice of words and a bit harsh. gibbs had solid backs, but the fact remains most weren't considered top tier talent. they were tough vets. i think gibbs system, or should i say shanahan's system is alot like gibbs', in that you could put any runner in the system,( portis, anderson, TD, or timmy smith, byner, ricky irvin) it doesn't matter they will all succeed because the offenses puts them in a position to. i don't think you can count out betts or anyone else out because really don't know what they can do. i mean even our most talented players didn't play well with spurrier. who's to say betts, or rock isn't the next piston in the gibbs machine. i just don't believe we can address all our weaknesses, and after assessing our team i think gibbs could see our biggest weaknesses isn't at RB.

I think Gibbs will be evaluating current talent before making a big splash, just like Tuna did with Hambrick and all.

Maybe, he could turn Betts or Canidate around to be productive backs with his brilliance. Whatever his plan will be, that's always right. :)

I think Gibbs will be evaluating current talent before making a big splash, just like Tuna did with Hambrick and all.

Maybe, he could turn Betts or Canidate around to be productive backs with his brilliance. Whatever his plan will be, that's always right. :)

Archived