Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Huddle Report 7 Rounds Mock

StevieInferior

I'd be dissapointed if we drafted Harris unless we dealt down to do so. I like Derrick Knight a lot(I've seen almost every game of his career) but he's pretty small and probably can't be an everydown back. Since we already have two of those(Morton, Canidate) picking a third would just be overkill.

Is it just me or does anyone else agree that Tommie Harris would be a reach at #5?

I'm not saying that he wouldn't help our D-line or that he has great upside and lots of potential,but This is a pick that i am very weary of!

Shoot...I almost would rather trade our #5 pick for a guy already astablished as a great DT/DE....

Sorry....I just don't see the reasoning passing up guys like Taylor or even winslow for a guy that could be a dime a dozen....

Look at dewayne Roberton for an example....I can just see it in the jet fans eyes(or posts) that they are very afraid that he could be a bust even though it may very well take a couple of years for him to succeed....

Now look at ed reed...Ken Hamlin.....Or even todd heap and shockey when they were rookies?

just don't see why we can't sign 1 or 2 guys out FA and then draft one in the 2nd or 3rd rounds....

Shoot....just having a grant wistrom and a darnell dockett on the line would make our defense much better!!!thats 1 draft pick and 1 FA pickup....(dockett of course going in the 2nd or 3rd round)

AS well with the addition of a taylor or a winslow!

See my point?

Originally posted by StevieInferior

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/2004DRAFT/computerdraft.html

Redskins

Round 1: Tommie Harris, DT, Oklahoma

Round 2: Dave Ball, DE, UCLA

Round 3: Ben Watson, TE, Georgia

Round 5: Derrick Knight, RB, Boston College

Round 6: Curome Cox, CB, Maryland

I don't like Tommie Harris at #5. Thats too high for Dave Ball, he's good, but not as good as some think he is right now. He'll definately run a bad 40. I dont think Ben Watson will slip to us in the 3rd, though i'd love to get him. Strongest man in UGA history and can not only block his ass off but he can run and catch. Derrick Knight is small and not as fast as he may look at the college level, doubt he'll be able to break NFL armtackles as well. I HIGHLY doubt Curome Cox drops all the way to the 6th, but that would be ideal. He's a pretty good corner though and due to his size(he's like 6'1 200, i think), I think he'll go first day. Early 2nd day at the latest.

Unless we come up with Sean Taylor, I'd trade down and take my chances that we could get Harris then. Or better yet Randy Starks (assuming he comes out). Watson in the third would be fabulous, but I agree -- I think he goes in the second. Ideally, we could trade down no more than 10 spaces, get an additional 1st (I don't know how this is going to happen) and come away w/a DT & RB. Or a DT & DE.

Trade down for an additional 3rd rounder or possibly a 2nd. Take Sean Taylor if he is still on the board and then try to package two 2nd rounders and move up into the first. Then take Ben Troupe :)

Thats ideal right there, unlikely, but ideal.

I wish I'd seen a dominant DT this year that would get me excited about investing a top 5 draft pick on them, but I didn't.

I watched Lavalais with interest as well. And Tubbs, the Texas DT (lazy). And Wilfork, of Miami (trade down for him). I didn't see Udeze out of USC, the DE, but lots of folks like him. Again, not at #5.

I'd rather find a way to convert that #5 pick into two seconds and a third (giving us three 2nd rounders and 2 third rounders). This draft has so much talent we'd have a bunch of young, cap-friendly talent.

Tommie Harris didn't make one play last night. Lavalais and Marcus Spears in partciular were all over the field last night. I don't know why we'd invest a top 5 pick in Harris. He has bust written all over him.

I'd be ecstatic if we picked up Taylor in round one and Lavalais fell to us in the 2nd round, but he'll probably be picked up late in the 1st round.

Id be really upset if that was our draft. That is the worst thing ive ever seen!!!

David Ball is going to be mediocore at best. Harris is really good, but also is the kind of player that could be a big bust. Knight would just be another small mediocore back to add to our collection. And Cox would probably be cut.

That would be terrible. I might have to go to draft day and chant "We Want Taylor" nonstop until our pick comes up. And if the Giants take him i'll chant we want Winslow.

USC's DE Udeze is a junior and may not declare eligible for the draft given that they are extremely strong going into next year. He may stick around at USC.

I didn't see enough of Dave Ball to say much, but he is very well regarded as a DE, certainly a top-three round talent if not higher.

Archived