Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Harvey Martin...

Fitz

I don't know if I somehow missed it, but I'm a little surprised no one's said anything about Martin yet. I'm not going to pretend I the guy was one of my favorites - the funeral wreath incident will always define him in my mind - but death from cancer at 51 is not something I would wish on my worst enemy. And I certainly won't deny that he was a great player. Condolences to his family and to all Cowboy fans who no doubt remember him fondly. Rest in peace.

Guest fuji869

I don’t remember watching Harvey Martin Play that much because early in my life as a football and Redskins Fan my father was stationed overseas and did not get to watch that much NFL.

A person’s life that is more important than a hated rivalry or pro football in General. I feel bad for him and his family and I hope he is in a better place.

[edited.gif by fuji869 on December 27, 2001.]

Thanks Fitzman. Yes I remember him all too well. He and Randy White were the perfect fill-ins for Jethro Pugh and Bob Lilly in anchoring a solid front in the middle of the Cowboys defensive line. They also were the only two players to share MVP of a Superbowl, even though they were on the losing team against the Baltimore Colts.

Condolences to the Martin family.

Archived