Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kenechi Udeze

SkinsNorth

Originally posted by SkinsNorth

Oldskool, I agree right now is too high, but I see his stock soaring & when all is said & done he will likely be a top 5 pick & one of the 2 highest rated defensive players along with taylor in the draft.

weird sh!t always happens from now till draft day. He may have an awsome combine score and with the D line class being so thin this year, his stock may just rise.

Stay tuned.

Originally posted by brookboyz25

I guess I don't know much about this guy. But would you pick him over Taylor, K2, Wilfork or Vilma? Just wondering if he's better than any of these guys?

Yes, talent wise he is up there with Winslow & Taylor, but he is still a little raw. He fills our biggest need, has a ton of potential & he put up real good numbers this yr, if he comes out he would be my choice.

I was very impressed with him yesterday. He's a little raw, but he is a full-size DE, unlike half the prospects coming out of college, and looks like he can probably play the pass and the run equally well once he gets a little more coaching. I'd like to trade back a few spots if he's our guy, however.

That would be way to high for Udeze, is he even better than Upshaw??? I mean come on now guys, he may turn out being pretty good, but we have top 5 pick now, we gotta be serious with it!

We gotta go Taylor if he's still there, though it is hard to pass up the extra dimension K2 would add to our offense!

We have to trade down. It's the only thing that makes sense. I feel Sean Taylor is over hyped. We don't want to draft WInslow with the fifth pick either. We should trade down with a team, and get two picks. We can draft Winslow, Ubeze, and Pollack. I feel it. But Vinny and Danny need to wheel and deal to make it happen. I think we can get Wilfork because most teams are going to be scared of his weight conditioning.

As raw, yet talented as Udeze is, it would seem his upside his enormous and I think his stock will soar between now and the draft. I could see him being this year's Dewayne Robertson.

As for Vilma, I was very impressed with what I saw of him last night. I doubt he falls that far but a talented player will slip to the 5th pick in the 2nd round and we should do very well there.

Lots of good LBs, I wish this years LB class could be there next year or two years from now when we need to replace Armstead. Karlos Dansby, Derrick Johnson, Jonathan Vilma, DJ Williams, etc. You gotta think one of them may slip to our second round pick, if only we needed one.

Udeze is not a 1 yr wonder, he was 2nd team All-Pac 10 last yr with 7.5 sacks, he had 15.5 sacks this yr & he is a full sized DE with a ton of untapped potential, this kid is the real deal. He is not a top 5 pick as of today, but by the time April rolls around he will be. If we want to address the DL, Udeze is the pick.

Didn't say he was a 1 year wonder but he did only have 1 "big" year just like I said.

He was solid last year though unspectacular. And I realize that USC has a heavy rotation going that limits snaps a bit. He does have big time upside and I like the fact that he's 280 right now. But the PAC 10 has not produced many top DEs lately save for Terrell Suggs. And even he had to be converted to OLB.

Again, he might become a possibility but it will be hard to take him over a Tommie Harris or Sean Taylor.

Archived