Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You cant win w/o a tight-end...

proudestmonkey09

Look at all these teams with good tight-ends...

Eagles-Chad Lewis (L.J. Smith emerging)

Ravens-Todd Heap

Chiefs-Tony Gonzalez

Packers-Bubba Franks

Pats-Daniel Graham

Colts-Dallas Clark, Marcus Pollard

Titans-Frank Wychek

Broncos-Shannon Sharpe

Dallas:dallasuck -Jason Whitten emerging

Dolphins-Randy McMichael

Sure, may be pure coincidence...but all these teams are winners, and all of them use their tight-ends often....It's a shame we have such glaring holes on the D-Line, because if we didnt we could use our picks to take a quality TE like Winslow, or Troupe...Oh well....:doh:

Originally posted by inmate running the asylum

Joe Gibbs didn't rely on the TE's that much as pass receivers. A little bit with Clint Didier, but no Gibbs TE ever had a 100-yard receiving game. They were mainly blockers. :)

Yeah, but Gibbs always had a pretty good third WR. Alot of good teams usually have a pretty good TE or a pretty good third WR. That third option is very important.

Originally posted by inmate running the asylum

Joe Gibbs didn't rely on the TE's that much as pass receivers. A little bit with Clint Didier, but no Gibbs TE ever had a 100-yard receiving game. They were mainly blockers. :)

Agreed...but I'd make the distinction that they were smart and knew their roles. You don't need to invest heavily in a TE, but you need competent ones.

The TE position is very important. Just look at the Rams, they are using their TE just Gibbs did (blocking).

I personally know Brandon Manumaleuna #86 from the Rams. I'm trying to convince him to get his agent to call the Skins since, he will be a free agent after this year. I should make the call to VC or Danny boy and see if we can pick this guy up. He's a great blocker and never makes mistakes. The Rams just about use him for everything (fullback, TE, special team) Check him out.

Archived