Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dennis Green and Dick Jauron

RabidFan

If Spurrier walks, would these two be a combo we could succeed with? Dennis Green came from the Bill Walsh era and could use or offensive weapons as a head coach like he did in Minn.....did Jauron come from the Niners Walsh tree as well? or is he from the Holmgren Branch of the Walsh Olive tree? I wasn't sure if Jauron and Denny worked together in SF or if Jauron came from Green Bay with Mooch , Mornihnweg and the others.....anyone know? or is Greg Robinson the DC we covet first?

If one losing season in ten years is considered overrated then I'll take it over our offensive genius with two losing season in two years.

The Vikings made the playoffs in eight of his 10 seasons in Minnesota (1992-2001). Seven different quarterbacks started a playoff game for Green in Minnesota, including Rich Gannon, Jim McMahon, Warren Moon, Brad Johnson, Randall Cunningham, Jeff George and Daunte Culpepper.

If that's overrated then I'll take it.

It was just a history question of where those two coaches came from and if same place, could work well together.....Cowher would only come as a Head coach I'm sure so if StevO stays....I just want a DC we can keep for several years and won't just get a new HC job following next season.

Juron has no connection to Dennis Green. He was in the league as the defensive coordinator for the Packers long before Green became coach of the Vikings. When Holmgren became HC of the Packers he kept Juron as the DC for 3 years before he went to become the DC for the Jaguars.

I like Dennis FGreen. He's a good coach. He's been a good coach since his stint at Stanford. He's smart, and nows how to build a staff. Bill Belleck (the Raven Coach), and Tony Dungy were just a few of the coordinators that were successful under Green. Dick sucks. If you can't win in Chi-town, you can't win in DC.

Archived