Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sometimes I wish life imitated Madden 2004

Originally posted by SlinginSammy

During the offseason I was able to sign Donovan McNabb to a 5 year contract and was able to trade him for Kris Jenkins. I traded him because he and PR have the same rating and I gotta keep the homers. My defense is an immovable object now with him and others. Wish it was real *sigh*

Don't let Danny see this:paranoid:

Yeah, me too. I traded for Willis McGahee. That was it. I went 14-2 an won the Super Bowl. I drafted a new DT to replace Big Daddy, drafted a punter to take Barker's place, made a few other insignificant moves...and am 14-0 after 14 games into my second season.

Of course my offense has a run first philosophy. I eat up the clock and that has helped my defense to a #1 ranking.:D

The way I save money to fill other positions is get cheap WRs. I have Coles and when you have a good accurate QB the lower rated WRs always perform better. This way I pay WRs about $750k to 1 mil. a year and spend the big bucks on Defense and a solid RB. I have A-train as my feature back and he gets about 20 carries a game and a little speedster I drafted that gets about 10 carries a game. the speed runner can't break tackles very well, but I hope to boost his power in the offseason each year and replace A.Thomas when he retires.

I got madden 2k3. Using the normal skins roster (no obnoxious ratings boost) and I went 11-5 (lost all NFC east games except to eagles in the vet) the first year and lost in the NFC championship to the Saints (we couldn't stop the freakin run!). Bruce had 16 sacks and was player of the week for a couple of weeks in a row. Most of his sacks came in the middle of the season where he had two 4 sack games and two 3 sack games. Bruce gave hambrick a career ending concussion and KO McNabb out the game we won. Anywho this season were currently 6-0 but we haven't played any NFC east teams. We just can't stop the run! :doh:

Archived