Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Two Pro Bowlers, Three Alternates, and just five wins...Ouch

OURYEAR#56

Originally posted by IAMBG

It is kinda stupid how guys get in......

Samuels and Arrrington. OK

OK they are good, but do they deserve the PB?

Samuels did not make all-pro. He is a third alternate. :)

Arrington has had an uneven season I'll admit, but I'm not sure who among the OLB on other teams should have beat him out. Armstead probably has had a better season then Arrington IMHO as far as making big plays and less mistakes. :)

Originally posted by riggo-toni

Blazers, how come C. Simon didn't get in? Didn't he have a good year?

RT,

Simon has had a nice year, especially consider all of the injuries on the DL. He's nowhere near as fresh at the end of a game now because he has to play a lot more downs. Darwin Wlaker has had more of an impact as far as the DT's goes. Simon has just been solid, steady and consistent throughout the season.

IAMBG,

It was the alcohol. :) After last year, I will never trust the Eagles again. I'm taking a "show me" attitude this year, although I've never seen them play as well as they have for as long as they have since 1980. The first few wins of the streak were iffy, but I really think something finally clicked during the winning TD drive vs. GB. The Eagles offense has been unstoppable since then. I almost believe they can win a shoot-out style game vs. the Rams if need be.

No offense everyone, but the Eagles really need to pound the 49ers this weekend and the Redskins next weekend. Last second or tight victories against bad teams at this point in the season will damage their playoff momentum.

If the Eagles lock up HF after the 49ers game, I strongly suspect that they will sit thier starters for the Skins game. And if that happens, the Skins might just have a chance against them... but that is probably the only chance the Skins have of beating the Eagles this year.

I think it's funny how bad our O linie is and we get two alternates going?? As mush as I hate to say it Arrington is an impact player and that got him there. As far as Bailey, he does have to coever the best receivers in the league. What about SMOOOOOOTTT?

Originally posted by rdsknbill

My question is how in the hell does that fat @$$ LArry Allen make the probowl. He had a terrible year.

I hate the probowl. Bunch of BS.

Allen didn't deserve to go, but he was far from terrible. He had a bad game againt Tampa, and played half of the next game (I think the skins), but after that parcells said if allen's play didn't improve, he would bench him, and he's been really good after that.

There is NO Friggin way that Bailey gets in ahead of Vincent.

I sort of agree with you, to a point. Bailey definitely hasn't had a pro-bowl caliber year. Vincent has been injured and has also really begun to show his age. He's a great guy, NFL man of the year type stuff and that goes a long way towards defining his poularity, but on the field, he's now just a good corner. Vincent's days as a shut-down, dominant, pro-bowl CB are over.

However, his team and locker room leadership is unquestioned. He's the voice/conscience for the defense, a role in which Brian Dawkins is uncomfortable. Dawkins is the heart and soul of the defense, but lacks the communication skills to lead the locker room. He does his work on the field, leading by example. Vincent is able to do both.

I see Allen as an alternate.. No way as a starter :no:

Like I said, Allen didn't deserve to go to hawaii this year, and I agree Thomas had a better year (although I think when allen had good games, he was more dominating than thomas, but the couple of bad games to start the season really hurt my preception of him), I just thought you saying he had a terrible year was a bit much. And I still think Allen is better than serviceable, and can still be dominating, as long as parcells stays on him.

Archived