Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mathematically Eliminated....

OrangeSkin

I am of the mind that we won't see that. Marty is aware Snyder may can him if the team ends up 6-10 so he is going to go all out to win the last 2 games and that means sticking with the veteran players, even if some of them are just auditioning themselves for free agency.

This year has been a clear disappointment. The extreme ups and downs are not characteristic of a veteran coach who comes in with a program and effectively uses the offseason schools and training camp to implement that program.

Marty stubbed his toe a number of times getting started. He made some erroneous assumptions based not on the objective evidence, as in the case of Jeff George, but rather upon what he thought he brought to the table as someone that could alter the situation and cause the player to approach the game differently after 11 years in the NFL.

That doesn't happen too often.

I also don't understand the entire Westbrook saga. If Westbrook was a decoy for the first 10 games, why not just trade him for a draft choice?

Let's face it, Denver picked up Eddie Kennison in the offseason. The Raiders were playing 36 year old bad boy Andre Rison at the end of last season.

If those two could find NFL jobs, SOMEONE in the NFL would have stepped up and offered a pick or two for Westbrook.

The Redskins did the same thing with Skip Hicks. Rather than working a deal for him, the team was content to just let him go.

Somewhere along the line the Redskins have come to believe it is better to lose players in free agency and run the risk of their coming back to haunt the team than losing them via trade and having the same thing happen.

I guess they can always blame the salary cap for the FA losses, eh? frown.gif

Archived