Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fickle?

marhobo2

Let me preface by saying I've never been a Spurrier loyalist, though I'd have happily jumped on the wagon had the Skins done well. However, aren't we all just being a bit fickle calling for his head at this point in time?

I can't recall how many times in the past I've read posters declare three years as a barometer for developement of a coach and his system. And, as ugly as this season has been, isn't it really our duty as fans to bite the bullet when the goals we've set for our team haven't been met prior to that time frame?

I can't remember how many times I've stated on various forums how I feel Steve has no clue in what he's doing, but it just seems that maybe I should give him the benefit of my doubt and allow due process to play out.

Comments?

yeah youre ignoring the fact that we re actually getting worse every year. We were gonna give SS three years to win a superbowl, not three years until he is able to put back to back wins together. A three year plan assumes that the team is slowly gelling together until in year three its a force. Not so here.

We Are Regressing. Not improving. This offensive genius couldnt score a single point yesterday.

Yeah, but if you give a guy 3 years and he gets worse for the first two, isn't it a little delusional to expect him to suddenly put it all together in the 3rd year?

Even worse, what happens if he doesn't get better next year? The Skins are stuck: they have to start all over again, and another year goes down the tubes.

I hadn't given up on Spurrier until I saw the look on his face in the Dallas game. He's given up on himself.

I am willing to let him play this thing out. But I am just not convinced that this experiment will work in the NFL unless there are some changes to NFL-ize the fun & gun. I think we need to retain all the coaching staff except for Helton just to see if they can step it up. That will probably mean another losing season next year, but if we are going to start over, you may as well give this another year and hope for the miraculous.

:doh:

Though fustrated at losing to the Cowboys so badly, I am still behind Spurrier 100% for next season.

Emotions overide common sense it appears. Fans are humilted, hurt, embarassed they have to lash out like a wounded animal.. so they jump on the same old prey, the head coach. No one wants to be rational and calm they want vengence. I guess it is human nature. I mean look at all the stupid things people have done in the past, but looking back we wonder how they could have gotten so carried away over an event.

For over a year people in St. Louis called for Martzs head, but now the Rams are 11-3 and NFC west champs. First of the year Philly fans were pissed at Reid for continuing to play McNabb, wanting McNabbed benched. It goes on all the time.

For over a year people in St. Louis called for Martzs head, but now the Rams are 11-3 and NFC west champs. First of the year Philly fans were pissed at Reid for continuing to play McNabb, wanting McNabbed benched. It goes on all the time.

Youre comparing apples and oranges. Martz's system won the team a championship under vermeil and theyve been to the SB since with him as the headcoach. Reid has had the Feagle in the championship game twice also. Spurrier has no such credentials in the NFL. He hasnt even put together two good games where we dominated someone, he doesnt deserve the same benefit of the doubt.

Originally posted by Storm

Youre comparing apples and oranges. Martz's system won the team a championship under vermeil and theyve been to the SB since with him as the headcoach. Reid has had the Feagle in the championship game twice also. Spurrier has no such credentials in the NFL. He hasnt even put together two good games where we dominated someone, he doesnt deserve the same benefit of the doubt.

NO, I am not

my point is even when your Coach had success fans will still turn on them when things are going bad. ie Fickle

Archived