Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Send Spurrier your thoughts

@DCGoldPants

I asked if he thought since the whole stadium could call out his plays before the snap, if he thought the other team knew also.

Also, I asked why Helton and Stock still had jobs and if this is what's wrong with America.

Oh yeah, I said if Hambrick played us every game...he'd be the greatest RB of all time.

I sent this:

"You have not earned your salary and have hurt this beloved and once proud franchise.

Do the only admirable thing left: say you were over your head, apologize, and beg to let out of your contract without any additional compensation.

Go back to Florida;, please. Just do so with enough dignity to allow this franchise a chance to hire another coach without any more negative stigma placed on Dan Snyder, which will happen if you make him pull the trigger on you."

This is mine:

"Dear Mr. Spurrier,

I just wanted to urge you to please leave Washington, D.C. and return to Florida.

We miss you terribly down here and I don't think the people up there care for you all that much.

The weather here is great and you could have played golf yesterday instead of being outside in the rain and cold at Fedex Field.

You really don't need any more money, the $10MM you have already received from Dan Snyder should do you quite nicely.

And don't worry about the Redskins. Somehow they'll get by.

Again, please give this some serious thought. To me, it's a no brainer.

See you soon.

Yours truly,

An anonymous friend"

Mr. Spurrier hopefully you can get things turned around and hopefully you can protect the quarterback and hopefully your defense can play better and hopefully you can get a backup QB that has better than a 0.0 rating and hopefully you can go a complete game without a penalty next year...

Here's mine, and since I can't watch the show, please let me know if mine is posted, my email address is: RWFExtreme@aol.com

Why do you continue to believe that throwing the ball is going to work with this team? We're not the Rams. When we're running the ball well, you go back to throwing and what happens, 4 INT's. You continue to speak of change, so when are we going to see it? Your game plans seem to be the same as they were in week 2 of your rookie season with the Redskins.

Originally posted by Symbol

Here's mine, and since I can't watch the show, please let me know if mine is posted, my email address is: RWFExtreme@aol.com

Why do you continue to believe that throwing the ball is going to work with this team? We're not the Rams. When we're running the ball well, you go back to throwing and what happens, 4 INT's. You continue to speak of change, so when are we going to see it? Your game plans seem to be the same as they were in week 2 of your rookie season with the Redskins.

wha?

We have been running the ball. For the past 3-4 weeks (except the NO game). Yesterday, our WRs against their secondary....that favors us big time...but we ran. When we were down, most coaches pass to try to catch up...we ran. Those ints didn't happen because we were passing too much (they were all Tim's fault). I wished we would have passed it more.

Dear Mr. Spurrier,

My name is Russell L. Penman III and I live in Germantown MD. I have been a Redskin fan since 1970. I recall the Redskins greats like Larry Brown, Billy Kilmer, Sonny, Pat Fischer, all the way up to Wilber Marshall, Darrell Green, Joe Thiesman, John Riggins. I have also supported the Norv years all the way up to this season. I just have a few questions that to me I wonder why no one has asked you point blank. Please respond to the following:

1) Why can't the team that you coach be better properly motivated to play?

2) Is it true that you only fine for bad language?

3) How does it feel to be paid 5 million a year to coach a under achieving team like this while many Americans are losing their jobs?

4) Have you thought about donating some of your salary to starving poor people, surely you can't feel like you have earned another 5 million for this "season"

I have watched every show this year and week in and week out you say you don't have the answers, well for 5 million a year don't you think that if you where a competent head coach you would have the answers? Can you imagine if Bill Parcells was the Head Coach of the Redskins? This team lines up at every position better more athletic but you and your team go out and play a game like that. Just a shame how embarrassed I am to be a Redskins fan. To know that the home field was in Dallas's favor because of your inept ability to properly motivate and coach your team is simply a shame. I know you have no reason other than 5 million a year to feel the pain we as Redskins fan feel but please do the right thing and admit you are unable to coach on this level and allow Snyder to try to get a QUALIFIED HEAD COACH WITH NFL experience. If you do infact decide to take Snyder for another 5 million, do me a favor and look at the strength of each starter and taylor your Fun and Gun around the strength, not with just worked in Florida, the athletes at this level are much faster than the average defense you used to pick apart in the past. This might give you a better chance at 8 - 8 or 9 - 7. Which is better than the current ones.

Thanks,

Russ

This is what I wrote.

I just wanted to share it w/ you guys. If you don't agree w/ it, I don't really care:

Dec 15, 2003

I believe that chemistry, morale, and leadership, or lack there-of, begins from the top-down, and has a 'trickle-down' effect.

When it boils down to it, all of the pieces for a championship team are in place; the players, and an amazing coach that has proven to be an offensive genus. So, this begs the question...where does the lack of leadership begin?

Until I am otherwise convinced, I strongly believe the fault lies on Daniel Snyder.

I understand that he does a lot to get the personnel and the coaches that are top-notch.

He simply does not seem to possess the intangibles that even the Cooke family did; that 'spirit,' that charisma and confidence. Thus, the entire organization lacks this consistency and integrity, and it translates itself on the gridiron.

I do not blame Spurrier. I do not blame the players. I simply blame Dan Snyder. Because whatever he did to get where he is in Washington is coming back full-circle w/ the Redskins, and every Skins fan everywhere is paying for his karma.

Good luck Steve. And if you want to leave, this is one Redskin fan that does not blame you.

Originally posted by freakofthenorth

When it boils down to it, all of the pieces for a championship team are in place; the players, and an amazing coach that has proven to be an offensive genus. So, this begs the question...where does the lack of leadership begin?

Until I am otherwise convinced, I strongly believe the fault lies on Daniel Snyder.

I understand that he does a lot to get the personnel and the coaches that are top-notch.

He simply does not seem to possess the intangibles that even the Cooke family did; that 'spirit,' that charisma and confidence. Thus, the entire organization lacks this consistency and integrity, and it translates itself on the gridiron.

WTF are you talking about? The Skins suck b/c Snyder doesn't have the intangibles? I guess Mike Brown does? Get a clue.

Archived