Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Spurrier out,Green or Crennel in please.

Samuels

SS has to go its to obvious he is outta his league. I felt better about this team after Martys season than I ever did under Spurrier. SS is getting outcoached and can't make adjustments and needs to just resign. SS is getting old by coaching standards and won't be around much longer regardless I we should just pull the plug now. SS reminds me of Norv so much but I'd still take Norvs playcalling every day of the week.Atleast with Norv we'd have some beatifully scripted 1st drives. I think this team should go after Denny Green or local Va boy Romeo Crennell both would have us up and running next year. Thier is no way anyone on here thinks we are a playoff team with SS next year so he'll quit anyway. I'd rather get us a coach thats knows whats going on than learning on the job. Fire him Danny I was so hoping the crowd would start chanting Fire Spurrier maybe we can get a chant going at the Eagles game on national tv to wakeup the sleeping midget.

What is ironic is that Marty was fired after finishing one season at 8-8 with an 8-3 streak and yet Spurrier takes a 7-9 pass in Year 1 and now a 5-11 or 6-10 campaign in Year 2 and has 'earned' a third season? :laugh:

All this pain because Danny wants to run the War Room in April and be the big man waiting on the tarmac as big name players come to town to sign their big-time contracts :)

That's what this is all about.

And until that part of the equation changes, we are going to continue to see 5-11 to 8-8 seasons.

Bingo Bulldog. I look around at Parcells,Fox,Marvin Lewis and even Mike Tice have all turned around teams with worse talent. I really think we've regressed and the players just don't believe in him. Hire Romeo Crennell or Green keep Jackson on has the OC if your worried about Ramsey in a new O, but damn it do something Danny.

I think every one needs to get over it, Spurrier WILL be next years coach, like it or not. He's learning, and adjusting his system. SS wasn't the one throwing INT, or fumbling.

Maybe SS does suck, I really don't know, maybe it's tim's fault. But that doesn't matter, cause he WILL be the coach next year. Besides, I'm just tired of getting a new coach every year.

the secret to free agency is to have the sharp GM and HC :)

there is no salary cap in the front office or the coaching staff and that is where teams make headway as they climb.

Hire a quality GM and you set yourself up to acquire the necessary talent to contend over time.

The Redskins have put the cart before the horse almost continually since 2000 and the team has suffered as a result.

We have had some talented players but they have been playing in an environment where there has been little accountability the past 2 years on or off the field.

As a result of the laissez faire approach players may THINK they are putting in 100% in the offseason and in preparations, but I guarantee you these guys would be squeezing a few more hours a week out of the schedules if Parcells or Vermeil were here to oversee the club :)

Spurrier is a combination of poor elements for this team, inexperienced in the ways of the NFL and a guy that doesn't show attention to detail.

How is Spurrier to improve and learn if his ego is too big and he doesn't want to apply himself?

this is the Spurrier Skins, win one week 20-7 and lose the next 27-0.

this season has been a series of streaks, alternatively hot and cold.

a 3-1 start, then a stretch where the team couldn't get out of its own way, then a few games where undermanned the Skins threatened to pull a major upset, now I suppose in the death throes at the end of the season :(

This now feels a lot like 2000 when the high hopes turned sour and those last several games were painful to watch.

Originally posted by bulldog

What is ironic is that Marty was fired after finishing one season at 8-8 with an 8-3 streak and yet Spurrier takes a 7-9 pass in Year 1 and now a 5-11 or 6-10 campaign in Year 2 and has 'earned' a third season? :laugh:

All this pain because Danny wants to run the War Room in April and be the big man waiting on the tarmac as big name players come to town to sign their big-time contracts :)

That's what this is all about.

And until that part of the equation changes, we are going to continue to see 5-11 to 8-8 seasons.

Exactly right, Bulldog!!! I don't care who is coach, as long as Synder is a GM wannabe, the Skins will suck.

Crennel is ready and he would be my choice. I could live with Hue has the OC and Edwards has DC but Crennel runs the D on game days and installs his version into our scheme. He confuses the heck outta offenses those guys will run a 3-4 then 4-3 then will throw 2 DL out thier with 5 backers thier really scheme well and are well prepared and LA and Trotter will be used correctly. I just can't take SS anymore the guy looks dead before the games what happened to inspireing your team and showing some damn emotion,throw your damn visor,clipboard headset but do something besides aw shuckn it every damn week.

Originally posted by RDSKNfaithfull

Not Denny Green he is a push over and not the right man for the job. The vikings had the same problem we have here with more talent when green was there. The inmates were running the assylum.

Just like the days Norv was running the show. :laugh: :)

Seriously, if SOS is gonna go ... give me Crennell any day. If I'm to get another college coach ... get me Kirk Ferentz (Iowa) or Bob Stoops (defensive coach of SOS). Just my preferences.

Archived