Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dexter Manley - A Football Life - NFL Videos

goskins10

Just ran across this video and it's amazing. Much of what's in the video is pretty well know by fans from the time. But there is additional detail and good comments from other players. He was an amazing athlete. It's easy to forget just how dominant he was. 

But more importantly he and others provide insight to his emotions and his passion and just how difficult his life outside of football was. His perseverance even through making many poor decisions is truly astounding. Just "Dexter being Dexter!"

One of the most gifted players to ever play for the Redskins. When he was right, he was dominant. And one thing that endeared him to fans despite his demons that cost him on the field was the fact that he LOVED being a Redskin. Probably as much or more so than any Redskin ever. I loved Dexter when I was a kid and will always have a soft spot for him— he cost himself pretty dearly with his personal decisions and issues l, but I will always remember him fondly. 

Watched this a few backs back over here in the UK and referenced it in another thread. I loved him as a Redskins. Without doubt one of my all time favourites, from a great era.

Dexters story was, in fact still is, a great story.

Archived