Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

From Giants Stadium...

freakofthesouth

We just got back from the game up here...where it was a brisk 24 degrees...and feelings in my extremeties is starting to return.

In warmups, I was right down in the far endzone where the whole offense was getting ready....literally ten feet. It was great man. The team actually looked really together in practices; they all ran drills at full-speed. I was impressed.

As for the game...

The Giants looked TERRIBLE. From Tiki's first fumble, it snowballed (literally!) from there. If you think DC fans are down on the Skins, you should have been at the stadium today. These fans were pitiful. They left in the middle of the 3rd quarter. F'n pathetic. I also saw about 3 fights in the stands, and everyone watched that action instead of the game. Ugly, ugly, ugly.

The real story here was the defensive pressure that I saw from the DL and the LBs (of course, Smith's record being a big part); I think that was the most pressure we've had all year.

Otherwise, the skins did not look all that great. They actually hung in from TOs and special teams play (not Barker!).

They did, however, shine in the 3rd quarter...the first drive in particular was beautiful. Every call/play was perfect for the situation. And...LC's big catch on that drive was nasty. McCants' return came at a crucial time. He's a competitor.

I was also impressed w/ their ability to eat the clock at the end of game. This is the first time all season we've seen that.

All in all, it was a great experience, and the Skins' first convincing win of the season.

Are we supposed to be happy with the Giants? This team has a lot more talent than this. They are very banged up now but they weren't in the beginning of the year when this mess started.

Seriously, what do you expect from Giant fans? This is the proper response to this team. They have played awfully. This is a talented team who have not come close to playing the way they should have.

It is pathetic but not the way the Giant fans are reacting. It has been pathetic the way the Giants have been playing. And I believe it was a big mistake by Shockey, Strahan, and Toomer criticizing the fans. They made it worse and made the reaction to them losing even worse.

I know my perspective is different, I haven't gotten to attend many games in person, but I get a chance to see a ball game I stay for the whole game, win lose or draw. I sat through a Volunteer game once many years ago we were routed at home by pittsburg 35-7.(only TD by a KO return). It was disappointing, but I wanted to get my moneys worth.

Yeah, you're right Tom. What else are the fans supposed to do?

Here's my take though...

If I were at a Skins game, and they were 0-15, and down 20-7 in the fourth, I'm staying. I'm not leaving.

You know, the 12th man can play a big role in the game. There was a point today where the Giants started some type of rally in the 4th quarter...and a lot of fans were not there to see it. Who knows, maybe the extra home-field advantage could have added some more momentum. I mean, it was 24 degrees, and their team was losing, but if the Giants scored two TDs in the 4th (which is entirely possible), they win the game.

Look...I'm not knocking Giants fans, I'm just saying that it was wrong for half the stadium to leave in the middle of the 3rd quarter.

Archived