Mark28

What kind of NFL Head Coach would you be  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of NFL Head Coach would you be

• Hat wearing emotional
    • Hat wearing calm
    • No-hat wearing emotional
    • No-hat wearing calm

I live up here in Rhode Island and the Patsies(I hate them) are an organization that in the last few years has reminded me of the Skins in the Gibbs years in terms of how they develop younger players in their 'system'. And more often than not, find success. My question is: Do you think the Skins will do this when they feel the need to replace Jessie Armstead? I think next year they should release him and give Pierce a shot. I don't understand why for the most part they always bring in a FA. I value your opinions. :dallasuck

Jessie Armstead is in year 2 of a 3 year contract and even at the ripe old age of, ( gasp), 33 years old he's playing as well as he ever has IMHO. Now I'm all in favor of the develop the young talent internally theory but unless Pierce can out play Jessie on the field, then I don't see releasing Armstead and putting in Pierce, (who has seen some playing time this year), just because he's young who should be given a shot. I'd be willing to bet there will be some competition come camps next spring. That and his play on the field the remainder of this season could help in that determination. Right now, still Jessie's position to lose.

Don't get me wrong, I do like Jessie alot, it just seems that we have this philosophy that when a postition needs upgrading we sign a FA. We rarely give opportunities to our draft picks. Maybe it's because of our bad drafting and the fact that we give away all of our picks every year. Can we get a new GM please?(Modrack from Buffalo?):gus:

Originally posted by Mark28

Don't get me wrong, I do like Jessie alot, it just seems that we have this philosophy that when a postition needs upgrading we sign a FA. We rarely give opportunities to our draft picks. Maybe it's because of our bad drafting and the fact that we give away all of our picks every year. Can we get a new GM please?(Modrack from Buffalo?):gus:

You said it Mark28. It's because of our bad drafting. We never have guys waiting in the wings to take over. Seems like most of our late round picks end up getting released after a year or two.

I think the other thing you can give as a reason is their neglect of the DL. Look at TB and Carolina. They have sick D-lines and who's in their secondaries? Except for Lynch and Barber there are no 1st teamers. I think you can play guys like Pierce and Bauman if you build a great pass rush. That's why we have multi billionaires in the back seven, to compensate. I like the shoring up of the OL this year and the speed we added also. But now because of money concerns we'll have to hope we find a good DE in the draft. I think the team needs to close the pocketbook this year and just try to draft some real football players.

skinsfanjoe - That's because 80% of all late round draft picks end up being released. There are 10 guys working at a carwash for every one guy starting in the NFL and the latter is the one that gets the pub.

Granted, our success to failure ratio has been pretty low over the past 10 years but I think our late round failures are pointed at too often.

In preseason, Pierce was missing A LOT of tackles. But he is pretty damn fast, he was getting to these tackles, they need to teach him to wrap up though.

My main problem with Pierce, is that he's stupid. I mean alright, everyone has training camp fights right. But how many of our training camp fights involved Antonio Pierce!?!?! I think all of them, and for no reason. How many personal fouls does he have this year?? I cant imagine how many he'd have if he were on the field full time. My problem is not with his physical talent, but they need to teach him how to play the game mentally, he also will run out of his gaps and such like the guys do now that lead to big plays against us. I'd be fine with Pierce starting as long as they can convince the guy to calm down, and not have a problem with everyone.

Archived