Extremeskins

Skins.com:Ramsey Practices; Still Questionable

TK

http://www.redskins.com/story.asp?ContentID=12288

Ramsey Practices; Still Questionable

11/21/2003

By Gary Fitzgerald

Redskins.com

Redskins quarterback Patrick Ramsey practiced Friday for the first time since last Sunday’s game at Carolina. He participated in the first three-quarters of the practice and was able to test his sore right foot in passing drills.

“It felt pretty good,” Ramsey said. “I kind of switched in and out with Tim during the drills. I’m still hopeful that I’ll be able to play on Sunday.”

Head coach Steve Spurrier said if Ramsey is unable to play, then backup Tim Hasselbeck would be ready to start in his place. It’s possible that Ramsey could back up Hasselbeck and would come in if Hasselbeck is out of the game, Spurrier said.

“Patrick threw a few and practiced a little bit on Friday,” Spurrier said. “But Tim ended up doing most of it. Hopefully treatment will help Patrick. If that comes around okay, and he feels fine during warm-ups, then he’ll go ahead and start.”

Ramsey sat out practice on Wednesday and Thursday due to a bone bruise that has developed in his right foot. It’s the result of an old injury that has flared up in recent weeks.

Ramsey is officially listed as questionable for Sunday's game.

Hasselbeck said that, if he plays, he would be responsible for “whatever’s on the coach’s call sheet.” He has seen the bulk of reps with the first team in practice this week.

“I’ve just learned little things like how guys are going to come out of their routes and the timing aspect of it,” he said. “The timing is the thing that is probably my biggest focus right now, as well as seeing how the play could unfold before it happens—and then to be able to see that and then put the ball where it needs to be.”

Spurrier added that, if Hasselbeck plays, he may implement different protection schemes. Hasselbeck has thrown three passes in his career, all in the Week 9 game at Dallas. He only recently signed with the Redskins on Nov. 4.

“We’d eliminate a lot of the seven-step drops, things of that nature,” Spurrier said. “If you throw fairly quickly, hopefully we can get the ball off as long as they’re rushing four guys.”

Originally posted by TK421Clicker

Spurrier added that, if Hasselbeck plays, he may implement different protection schemes. Hasselbeck has thrown three passes in his career, all in the Week 9 game at Dallas. He only recently signed with the Redskins on Nov. 4.

“We’d eliminate a lot of the seven-step drops, things of that nature,” Spurrier said. “If you throw fairly quickly, hopefully we can get the ball off as long as they’re rushing four guys.”

Anyone else think we should have been doing this weeks ago?

:doh:

Archived