Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top 10 "Awkward" Political Moments

JMS

These are personal moments which are awkward which became scandalous.    No Policy positions or governing issues here..

(10)   Coatgate, 2014 Apex Summit. Vladimir Putin offers and ultimately wraps a shawl around the first lady of China at an outdoors event as her husband chats politics with Barak Obama.  Chinese media goes crazy talking about how inattentive the President of China  Xi Jinping was.  Xi ultimately banned any further discussion of the event from Chinese Media.

(9)  Gordon Brown the UK PM meets with a 65 year old lady constitute who's complaining about immigrants.  Gordon Brown walks away and his mic is still on..  calls the woman a bigot.

(8)  Rob Ford the former crack smoking mayor of Toronto... Responding to allegations that he propositioned a former policy advisor for oral sex told reporters that he "had more than enough to eat at home"

(7) Gerold Ford Falls down the steps on air fare 1..  twice.. Arriving at Austria in 1972  and returning home...  once he even fell up the steps.

(6)  Tony About PM of Australia winks and smirks at woman after she's explaining that she's working as a sex worker to make ends meet.

(5) 2008  Bill Clinton falls asleep during memorial to Dr. Martin Luther King.   

(4)  Joe Biden asks a Missouri State Senator in a wheel chair to stand up and take a round of applause for his contributions.

(3) Howard Dean 2004 Iowa Caucus Primal scream

(2)  George Bush getting pelted by two shoes while in Iraq.   This one isn't so embarrassing to George but to the secret service who couldn't even stop the second shoe.

(1)  Every other speech by George Bush stuttering,  mispronouncing words,  or getting off script and being unable to finish his thoughts.

"They misunderestimated me."  November 6, 2000

​Taking about the afghan opposition fighters,  "they have no disregard for human life" uly 15, 2008

"So long as I'm the president, my measure of success is victory -- and success.- "April 17, 2008

"Thank you, your Holiness. Awesome speech." --To Pope Benedict, in Washington, D.C., on April 15, 2008

"I'm telling you there's an enemy that would like to attack America, Americans, again. There just is. That's the reality of the world. And I wish him all the very best."  --In Washington, D.C., on January 12, 2009

http://www.ranker.com/list/bush-isms-funny-george-bush-quotes/notable-quotables

Honorable Menton:

(1) Rick Perry Gov of Texas running for President discussing 3 agencies of gov he plans to eliminate.. but he forgets two of them..    Then he starts looking at the other candidates for help.    

(2) Frech President Nicolas Sarkozy drunk during the G8 Conference in 2007.

(3) Al Gore attacks Tipper with a Monster Lip Lock and tonsel exam on stage at the 2000 Democratic Convention.    The Democratic Party and nation had been fractured by Bill Clinton's very public infidelities and Al seized upon this moment to show to the entire world their was nothing wrong in his home.    Only he should have told Tipper who awkwardly tried to break off the clinch twice unsuccessfully.   Ultimately Al and Tipper appeared like two seals fighting over a grape for several minutes on national TV.

(4) Sarah Palin's inability to name a single newspaper in the United States when pressed by that famous hard hitting journalist Katie Curic.   Then framing it as an ambush question.

I think Bush 1 yacking into the lap of the Japanese PM is worthy of a spot

I struggled with that one.   That was definitely in my thoughts.   Ultimately I couldn't do it.   Guy was legitimately sick,  trying to honor his commitments at state dinners and receptions;  and the sushi uni just got to him.....

It was funny but I couldn't say it was more embarrassing than dumb things healthy people say or do,  that fairly or unfairly become scandalous.

https://youtube/XnOnDatqENo?t=12

You left out my favorite Bushism.

Dan Quayle should be on that list too.    I remember once while attending an ecological conference in south america  Dan caught sight of a 7 inch souvenir doll with a 5 inch penis.   Dan's first mistake was picking it up and examining it.   Dan's second mistake was to hold it up over his head,   turn to his wife standing about 12 feet away and yell.   Hey Maryland look at this pointing to the elongated member.   As about sixty flash bulbs went off all around him.   Front page on most of the nations newspapers the next day.

Dan judging a fifth grade spelling bee incorrectly pronounced one of the kids spelling of potato wrong.   No 'a' in potato kid..  

Dan preparing to a trip to latin america told reporters that he would be able to converse with the people on his trip because he had taken latin in school.

And who can forget Dan's speech to the American Samoans.    Happy campers you were,  happy campers you are,  happy campers you will remain...   argh...

It was said while George Bush Sr.  was president the secret service had 1 strict and absolute rule.   If anything were to happen to President Bush they were to immediately shoot Dan Quayle.

Archived