Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pass Rush or Blitz?

Ignatius J.

To a certain extent, the redskins might be salivating to play the panthers. Despite the chance to play a guy who can't keep his trap shut, I think that a team like the panthers might accidentally play to our strength on offense.

And I'm not being crazy, because there is a difference between the redskins ability to pass protect and its ability to pick up the blitz. The cowboys are a blitzing team. Are the panthers?

Watching most of the games since the first two, you can see that when our offensive line isn't jumping offsides, they do an above average job keeping ramsey upright. Trouble is that our backs and tight ends can't cover worth squat.

I think that if the panthers believe that they can get enough pressure on ramsey by sending only 4 they might be in for a rude awakening. If they send the kitchen sink in a cover 0 we could be dead in the water.

Is there any reason to believe that they might not accidentally play into a strength?

-DB

Uh, this was the same rational Art had for guaranteeing a win against the Bucs :doh:

Samuels and Jansen had their first decent game last week, but the Panthers' DEs are the best pair in the league. I don't feel too confident about our chances. If by some miracle we do pull it off, I'd bet we beat the Phins and move to 6-5. That would put us in serious wildcard contention!!

I am by NO means saying we are going to beat the Panthers, but I have a weird feeling that Stephen Davis is going to cough up a couple of fumbles and a few breaks are going to go our way in this one. Things can't be all bad all year. This is the game Davis has been waiting for to get his revenge (for what, I don' t know) but somehow, I think it's going to work against him.

Archived