Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RIP Gary Richrath

skinsmarydu

Sigh. RIP Gary. :(  I remember bartending one night back in 88 I think and REO was performing at what was then known as Park West. Ski resort right outside of Park City. Fairly busy night and I was trying not to get buried by the post concert partiers filing in. Was serving a group of guys in front of me when the house band announced that there was going to be a surprise for the crowd and then loudly welcomed REO Speedwagon to the stage. 4 guys in front of me,(Gary was right in front of me),got up and I exclaimed I knew I recognized them and Gary smiled and high fived me. They played a bunch and invited the house band back on stage to play some songs with them. Fun stuff. 

When I was a kid, maybe 12 or so, I used to baby sit the kid in the apartment across the hall from mine. His folks were early thirty's redneck types, and in lieu of money they'd let me pick a couple of albums from their massive record collection. I always picked live albums, and one time I picked "You Get What You Play For" which was my introduction to Gary Richrath, who became a distinct influence on my playing. He was wildly underrated IMO. Rest easy Gary, and thanks for everything.

Archived