Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could we finally see a football stadium in D.C. again?

TheATrain

Uh, yes they did. They think by living in MD and the team playing bad that they'll switch to the Ravens. When the Colts were in Baltimore, I never thought they were MDs team, nor do I think the Ravens are now. Baltimore is its own little island as far as I'm concerned.

It doesn't help that there are plenty of MD 'redskins fans' that turned ravens fans after they moved there and won a super bowl.

Hell, there's plenty of NOVA fans that did the same thing.

You don't know any people like that? I know a ton...

Kind of like how we all know a bunch of cowboys fans that have never ventured more than 45 minutes away from DC in their entire life...

Current ticket prices on the aftermarket are a function of the team being bad. Ticket prices at the end of 2012, including playoffs, were well above face value on the after market (not sure about club, only looked at GA.) So this idea that location has anything to do with it is just wrong.

And even if it did, the idea that being in 'Dulles' would be worse than PG county is laughable... PG county is a giant **** hole. There's tons of money in nothern VA and a lot of event people to boot.

Exactly.  With the stadium in Murland travel time helps prevent money from leaving northern virginia and going to the game.  Move the stadium to NoVa and they will miss out on all the PG cash.  And who will sell the hats in the parking lots?  Not like there are a lot of corporations in the Tysons-Dulles corridor that would be willing to snag up some PSLs for a stadium in their backyard.  

I would love to see them move down I95 to Richmond (closer to me), but the best option is to be around Alexandria...unless they can somehow get a contract to build a stadium in DC (the ideal location). I think they should build it across the road from Nationals park. All I know is they need to get out of MD. I hate that drive. Dulles would be just as much a PITA to drive to for me as Fedex field is. 

Archived