Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Play To Slow Down the Blitz?

Ax

Since he's been getting hit anyway, I think we should have Patrick run a QB Draw. A couple of them. Early in the game. Four wides, empty backfield, under center, call a fake audible, and run like hell. Two plays later, run it again. Even if unsuccessful in gaining much yardage, it might help to slow down some of the blitzing. But Patrick, if you are able to break past the line of scrimmage and gain some yards, DON'T FORGET TO SLIDE!!

Anybody else like the idea?

I've wondered about things like this for some time.

I see the QB come up to the line, the O gets set, and then the D starts jumpin around, coming up to the LOS, then dropping back, the DTs switch sides, the CBs come up, then the LBs drop back. Ramsey starts to audible with :06 on the clock.

In my fantasy, the QB comes up to the line, the D starts jukin', . . .

And the center snaps the ball. (With :10 still on the snap clock). No snap count, he's just watching the D. It's a handoff to Rock. Our line catches the D standing upright (one of 'em's two yards off the LoS, changing sides).

Nope... He's got to be able to complete the pass before he gets hit. Like in the end of the Dallas game. They weren't in a prevent

defense. You burn them enough and they'll concern themselves with coverage and not send the house. No team can block eight or nine people rushing the passer every down. Either the QB WR iaren't recognizing the blitz and adjusting their routes or SS doesn't have hot routes in his system. Maybe he's holding on to the ball too much. You definitly don't want him getting pounded on three yard run plays.

How about run the ball more?? SS simply just abandons it. I think our OL did well in terms of run blocking early in the season. Old school? yes. Boring?, yes. But if it can take off some hits from PR and get the offensive game going, why not??

Keep throwing means PR keep getting hit.

I know, it's hard to do it now without Trung and Betts (and maybe, Morton). :(

So, let's try Rock and Sultan, nothing could be worse than this.

Archived