Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why this is a great site

SnydertheHun

The people who post here love the Skins and, for the most part, make sense.

After Dallas, everyone was ready to storm Ashburn with pitchforks and torches and lynch the coaches and the owner. Now, after a little reflection, almost everyone is seeing the our problems stem from a mixture of issues that we knew about before the season began (although we still might harbor the idea of lynching Snyder).

We have a new OL. It takes time for them to come together. But, they haven't had the time because of injuries. That has forced a talent rookie to play. His inexperience recognizing and picking up a NFL blitz has hurt us, but he will get better.

Behind them, we have a second year QB who has started less than a season's worth of games. He also struggles to recognize where the blitz is coming from and often fails to make the proper adjustment (all young QBs get sacked alot. They hold onto the ball too long and they never know where it is coming from. I remember Aikman in his rookie year getting pounded). Our Rbs are far better at running the ball (5.6 yards a carry against a great Dallas defense), than they are at pass blocking.

Our DL is comprised of castoffs and young players who were either going to take the next step or level off. They have appeared to level off. This puts pressure on our LBs, who then have to deal with OL and our secondary, who have to cover too long. Russell will go a long way to helping solve this issue and we really should consider Grady Jackson.

We knew all of this before the season began. To the credit of the posters here, much of the anger after the Dallas game has calmed down and the posts are returning to being the informative, intelligent and insightful posts I have grown in a short time accustomed to seeing.

I've written this before but the Skins have a good foundation - solid offensive skill players, good linebackers and secondary, etc. You're weak at OL and DL - why the former is a mystery and the latter can be addressed. I don't wish to rehash the theory yet again, but IMHO Spurrier is not the guy to get the Skins to a playoffs. However, I think a solid coach with a good gameplan and NFL experience could do it without the need for another free agency shopping spree.

Originally posted by SnydertheHun

much of the anger after the Dallas game has calmed down and the posts are returning to being the informative, intelligent and insightful posts I have grown in a short time accustomed to seeing.

**** you!!

Who the **** do you think you are saying the ****in anger has leveled the **** off!!???

I'm still pissed like ****!!!!!!!

**** Spurrier! My ****in' **** can coach better than him!

**** Snyder! Money grubbin' mother ****er

**** Our O line. ****in' ****faces!

**** Ramsey, that son of a ***** can't even read a ****in' blitz!

****!

Originally posted by Angus

Seems there is more than one point of view.

Which is what makes this site so great :cheers:

Some posters look at our team and they see no hope.

Some look at our team and see that we are to talented to keep losing like this.

But most importantly they have 2 things in common.

1. They're both still Redskins fans

2. They both come here to the greatest Redskins site ever created.

We still have a chance to turn the season around. I remember a couple of years ago we were 0-5 at one point and then we ended up being 8-8 for the seaon. Honestly, though, I don't think we'll get much done this season. Spurrier will have to change his coaching philosophies a bit more in order to win in the NFL. I felt really good about him before, but I'm not too sure now.

Originally posted by Skins24

**** you!!

Who the **** do you think you are saying the ****in anger has leveled the **** off!!???

I'm still pissed like ****!!!!!!!

**** Spurrier! My ****in' **** can coach better than him!

**** Snyder! Money grubbin' mother ****er

**** Our O line. ****in' ****faces!

**** Ramsey, that son of a ***** can't even read a ****in' blitz!

****!

WOW Now there is some serious venting!!!!!! :tantrum: :rant:

Archived