Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bloodborne Thread - Strategy/Tips/etc.

Dont Taze Me Bro

The lore in this game is pretty cool. If you really start to explore and read all the items descriptions it gets pretty in depth. I think there is actually a pretty good story here, but the game doesn't come out right and tell you.

This is every Souls game.  You have to go looking for the story.  It's a cool one once you put it all together, but it's up to you to do so.  The game only feeds you snippets.

I've killed 3 bosses so far (CB, FG, and BSB) but I'm not in a terrible hurry.  I'm just enjoying the hell out of this.

I cleared out the jail area and found a door at the end of it which I'm assuming is a boss door.  I'll be tackling that after work tonight; that will be my boss #4. ;)

Good luck, I have read the jail boss is a little hard. I am coming back to that area later. You can talk to the crying woman too, if you have the church attire.

What is everyone's progress so far? I have taken down the first three bosses. At Hemwick Witch now, but haven't had a chance to tackle that yet. I am trying to hit a lot of the optional areas as well as the main storyline.

Also, a tip for anyone having trouble with Blood-Starved Beast. Stand on the note outside the boss area that says ring for help. Alfred will come if you have talked to him. Makes the fight two-on-one. Also, use the Pungent Blood ****tail to distract and get up behind to deliver big swings to the back.

Good luck, I have read the jail boss is a little hard. I am coming back to that area later. You can talk to the crying woman too, if you have the church attire.

What is everyone's progress so far? I have taken down the first three bosses. At Hemwick Witch now, but haven't had a chance to tackle that yet. I am trying to hit a lot of the optional areas as well as the main storyline.

Also, a tip for anyone having trouble with Blood-Starved Beast. Stand on the note outside the boss area that says ring for help. Alfred will come if you have talked to him. Makes the fight two-on-one. Also, use the Pungent Blood ****tail to distract and get up behind to deliver big swings to the back.

I'm currently bouncing between the Unseen Village and Cainhurst Castle.  

Prey Slaughtered:

Cleric Beast 

Father Gascoigne

Blood Starved Beast

Witch of Hemwick

Vicar Amelia

Shadow of Yarnham

Rom the Vacuous Spider

Amygdala

Merciless Watcher

Undead Giant

Watch Dog of the Old Lords

**** you!

Darkbeast Paarl

Well the jail boss is unpossible because I went back to the door and when I go to open it, it just says, "Closed." :(

Progress wise, after finding the jail door unopenable I went back to Cathedral Ward and ran into the boss there.  She was fun.  So that's 4 bosses down (CB, FG, BSB, and then VA).  I'm not trying to progress in any specific manner; I'm just exploring where I can and pushing forward until I hit a dead end then trying somewhere else.

Well the jail boss is unpossible because I went back to the door and when I go to open it, it just says, "Closed." :(

Progress wise, after finding the jail door unopenable I went back to Cathedral Ward and ran into the boss there.  She was fun.  So that's 4 bosses down (CB, FG, BSB, and then VA).  I'm not trying to progress in any specific manner; I'm just exploring where I can and pushing forward until I hit a dead end then trying somewhere else.

Before you leave the Cathedral Ward you should try to Hemwick Village and the Witch of Hemwick.

I haven't found that yet.

Head to the right outside of the Cathedral Ward lamp post.  Work your way up the stairs towards the Grand Cathedral (Vicar Amelia boss fight), where the 2 crucifix carrying Cathedral Guardians are.  There is a path towards the left at the top of the stairs, right before the entrance to the boss fight.  Follow that around to a cave.  That leads to a path through a forest that will take you to Chemwick Charnel Lane.

Well I found Forbidden Forest.  Is there any special reason I'd want to go back to your Hemwick place first rather than the Forest?

So, you've already killed Vicar Amelia?  If so, you've made Hemwick a bit more difficult.

Well I found Forbidden Forest.  Is there any special reason I'd want to go back to your Hemwick place first rather than the Forest?

It is where you get the Rune Tool, but there may be another place to get it.

Made it to the Upper Cathedral Ward and was surprised at how easy the Celestial Emmisary was only to get tea-bagged by Ebrietas Daughter of the Cosmos immediately afterwards. I'm saving her for later and have moved on to the Nightmare of Mensis after killing the One Reborn.

Looks like I'm at the final boss at level 80......you'll know when you see it. I let him kill me because I'm not ready to start NG+. I need to go back and clean up a few areas first. I'm sure I'm missing a few things from the Forbidden Woods and the Nightmare Frontier.

Archived