Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did we get a sack yesterday?

frankbones

This is kind of a Fantasy Football question. I went into Sunday nights game down 30 points with Ahman Green and Randy Moss while my opponent had Moe Williams. Long story short I went to bed with a 90-89 victory. When I awoke this morning I saw that the score was now tied at 90 with a post-game credit to my opponents Defense (the Skins) of 1 point for a sack. I don't remember us even coming close to Quincy Carter except for the TD pass to Glenn. Every box score i have checked has no Skin being credited for a sack. Am I missing something or was there a sack?

Originally posted by frankbones

This is kind of a Fantasy Football question. I went into Sunday nights game down 30 points with Ahman Green and Randy Moss while my opponent had Moe Williams. Long story short I went to bed with a 90-89 victory. When I awoke this morning I saw that the score was now tied at 90 with a post-game credit to my opponents Defense (the Skins) of 1 point for a sack. I don't remember us even coming close to Quincy Carter except for the TD pass to Glenn. Every box score i have checked has no Skin being credited for a sack. Am I missing something or was there a sack?

I'm not sure, but I believe the sack in question was given to you by none other than Quincy Carter.

Remember the botched flea flicker we had? It was 2nd and 1, Hambrick bobbled the hand off, and when he pitched it back, Q was under pressure. Q took off running and slid for a two yard loss.

I'm not sure who got credit for the sack. Maybe it was credited to the team as a whole?

Hope this helps......

Yup,

dont know who was credited with it.

But being as smart as he is, Quincy Carter slid down behind the line of scrimmage. Thats right he was out of the tackle box, he could have just thrown it away but he decided to slide, behind the line of scrimmage. Wow, he's not very bright at all.

It was credited as a team sack, they were talking about it this morning on the radio with regards to Bruce Smiths record which is def not good for this team...

Hey frank, what did you think of the blocking schemes? Do you still think its the players to blame? Looked to me like we couldnt pick up a blitz to save our lives...just terrible. Even the anouncers were asking themselves why we wernt keeping more people in to protect ramsey and how we coulndt beat the blitz by passing to hot routes where the zone was uncovered (prob ramseys fault there)

I still think it is a combination of factors. On the Roy Williams sack we had 7 guys back blocking, Rock whiffed on his block and Aikman said something about keeping more people in to block. So I take whatever those guys say with a grain of salt. You can't keep many more people in to block than that or there will be no one to catch the ball. Other times Ramsey held on the ball too long instead of throwing it away. I think we have a 2nd year QB whose body is taking a pounding and his second guessing himself. He had Heath Shuler happy feet yesterday. That 4th down pass was a great play by Coles, Ramsey just got nervous and made the incorrect throw(go instead of post when facing an all out blitz). I'm trying to gauge if your post is sarcastic(from your previously insightful posts I'll say that it is dripping) I'm also geussing that you don't feel the players are to blame. The fact that we seemed so ill-prepared to handle the blitz(especially after a bye week) seems to parlay into poor coaching by our staff. Schematically(is that a word?) I think we were in position to make plays, it just didn't happen. I hope Spurrier gets a 3rd year to try and prove himself, but I wouldn't put money on it

Archived