Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hey Boys...

TwoDeep3

It was Jimmy Johnson's second year as the Cowboys head coach and he was struggling to find the right buttons to push to make his team play together. They had just been whipped by the Bill Parcell's New York Giants, and as Jimmy was walking from the field he waved at Parcells.

Parcells put a finger to his chin and pushed upwards indicating to Johnson to keep his chin up. A nice gesture from a rival coach that things are not as bleak as they may appear.

Being a Cowboy fan I enjoyed the win today. I came away thinking Dallas shot themselves in the foot so many times that it would have served them right if the Redskins came back and won.

But a win is a win, as they say.

But I see you guys hurting here about your team and all I can tell you is you aren't alone. Every franchise has had dark moments, and you will survive.

The last three years Dallas has been the laughing stock of the NFL and while I am never embarrassed by saying I am a Cowboy fan, sometimes the barbs of truth did sting.

We did suck.

So as a rival I just wanted to come here and say, "Keep your chin up."

You have some great players on your team. Ramsey is special and will one day cause me to invent cuss words as he whips my team. I am certain of that.

The dark times are always preceded and followed by the bright times.

Don't let this get you down, boys. You'll bounce back.

Just keep in mind the Eagles will have to win three straight Superbowls to match your victories and championships.

At least you have trophies.

Good luck.

Thank you, TwoDeep. Kind, and encouraging, words that are nice to hear right now when nothing seems to be going right for our favorite team. And thanks for not talking trash and showing a lot of class. Dallas, though they did make a lot mistakes, did what a better team should do when put in potentially bad situation: Keep their confidence up and didn't lose sight or play down to a struggling Redskins.

Parcells has down wonders for your team! Enjoy the sunshine. :-)

I saw that Avitar and thought, should I read this post? I'm glad I did. Parcells has put together a playoff team. I wish I could feel proud about my team. I wish I could be optimistic. But, I just can't. I can only hope we finish 7-9 or 8-8. :doh:

Thanks for the encouraging words. Good luck on the rest of your season.

Archived