Extremeskins

Quotes From Redskin Park, Oct. 29

TK

http://www.redskins.com/story.asp?ContentID=12175

Quotes From Redskin Park, Oct. 29

10/29/2003

PATRICK RAMSEY (QB, #11)

On facing the Cowboys:

"There’s so many things gathering together this week and it's important for us to win. Dallas is an excellent team and they’re playing well. They’re also a rival, so you want to beat them."

On how much help he's giving the backup QBs:

“I feel like I’m still learning how to react and I'm still learning the subtleties of playing the quarterback position. But I feel like I know the offense pretty well so if they ask me something I can help them with anything they need.”

On Gibran Hamdan:

“He’s had some throws. Last year, early in the season, I was just getting some practice team throws in and getting accustomed to the speed of the game. And it has helped him going against our defense and it has helped him trying to find those gaps, anticipate and get the ball in there.”

On Tim Hasselbeck:

"He’s working hard to learn the offense. He’s doing fine."

On whether he prefers a veteran backing him up:

“It’s not my decision who’s back there. I’ve enjoyed having some guys who’ve helped me in Rob Johnson and Danny Wuerffel and Shane Matthews. But Tim has been around too and he can bring some things to the table.”

On the Cowboys getting quarterback pressure:

"They’re going to bring it. Until we beat it, they’re going to bring it. Our goal is to get out there and be successful in stopping it."

On whether the time off last weekend was beneficial:

"I feel a lot better physically, and mentally I’ve recouped. I feel a lot better than I did even going into the last few games."

On the team's preparation this week:

"We’re ready to get back in there, work on a game plan and have something specific to work on. I think at the same time we’re still focused on winning ball games."

DARRELL RUSSELL (DT)

On having a second chance:

“I don’t think it’s a second chance, just a new beginning. You go through life you have your trials and tribulations, but I think that no one is faced with anything they can’t handle. As long as you learn from everything, you can go from there. Everything that I have learned during the period I was waiting for my opportunity to come back, I am ready to apply that today.”

On conditioning and playing in a game:

“One thing I know for certain is that a good workout also helps relieve a lot of stress. I’ve definitely maintained that. The next thing I have to get use to is everyday bumps an bruises and the soreness of putting on pads and running into other grown men. However it is football and it is something that I’ve been doing for a substantial amount of time. I’ll come out to practice tomorrow and try to get the terminology down of the defense and go from there.”

On whether playing next to Regan Upshaw (DE, #91) will help make his transition smoother:

“It definitely will. Regan and I have sacked a lot of quarterbacks together. It’s not hard to get on the same mental level as him and he will help me adapt to the rest of the defense.”

On the Redskins as a team:

“I think this is a very positive team and they are going in the right direction. They are very young. I can compare this team to the Florida Marlins. They have everything to gain and nothing to lose. I don’t think they are scared of anyone and that’s something that I admire and something that I feel about myself. As far as I am concerned, the energy that I have attained and held in the last couple of hours-I feel that I should be able to fit right in.”

On if he is concerned about being accepted by his new teammates:

“I’m very concerned about being accepted here. When you deal with a team that has players that want to win and they are young, a lot of time the business aspect is the last thing they are concentrating on. If anything, it’s on how to win. In order to win, especially at this point in this league, chemistry is a big factor. I could be the greatest player that ever played the position but if I don’t fit in with the team I am useless.”

CHAMP BAILEY (CB, #24)

On the importance of Sunday's game at Dallas:

"It’s crucial. We want to get back to .500 and hopefully excel from there. We’re not going to look at playing Dallas any different than from playing any other team, but we know we need to get it done."

On not having beaten Dallas in Texas Stadium since 1995:

"I was in high school then. We definitely want to break it. I don’t care where we play them, I just want to beat them. We know we have to get this win."

On the Cowboys surprising success:

"I knew they had talent. When I saw they got Terry Glenn, I knew they had the power on offense to do some things. It’s not surprising. They have a good coach. You wouldn’t expect the turnaround to happen so quick, but it did."

Here is to hoping Champ makes a damn play this week, like a jumped route or tipped interception that turns the game around and gives the Redskins momentum. I can't remember the last time he's made a play that directly affected the outcome of the football game, and this from a guy that wants to be paid as the top cornerback in the league. Amazing!!!!

On if he is concerned about being accepted by his new teammates:

“I’m very concerned about being accepted here. When you deal with a team that has players that want to win and they are young, a lot of time the business aspect is the last thing they are concentrating on. If anything, it’s on how to win. In order to win, especially at this point in this league, chemistry is a big factor. I could be the greatest player that ever played the position but if I don’t fit in with the team I am useless.”

- that is at least encouraging

Archived