Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Redskins Morning Clips: 4/11

Lets be clear one 1 thing here...I read the article & while I agree with him on some points (which is what I commented on originally) I do feel that he's bitter towards the Redskins. He claims to be a fan (& who am I to say otherwise?) but he's disgruntled. 20+ years of losing will do that to a person. I don't agree with the vast majority of what he says, but I am open to everyone's opinion of the team. 

He thinks we should trade RG3 right now & try to recover some draft picks. That would be a monumental mistake. By all accounts RG3 is fully healed, not wearing a brace & feeling better than ever. There's talks of him being the comeback player of the year. He has more weapons on his team than ever before. He's been given all the tools needed to be successful as a QB in the NFL. Good. If that's true then I expect to see him come out & light it up like he did during his rookie season. If he does that then this guy is proven to be even more of a joke (if that's even possible). However if RG3 comes out flat & reminds you more of sophomore RG3 rather than rookie RG3, then what do you do? Do you ride the RG3 train until it's worth nothing or do you trade him in while he's still worth something?

HTTR!!!

Lets be clear one 1 thing here...I read the article & while I agree with him on some points (which is what I commented on originally) I do feel that he's bitter towards the Redskins. He claims to be a fan (& who am I to say otherwise?) but he's disgruntled. 20+ years of losing will do that to a person. I don't agree with the vast majority of what he says, but I am open to everyone's opinion of the team. 

He thinks we should trade RG3 right now & try to recover some draft picks. That would be a monumental mistake. By all accounts RG3 is fully healed, not wearing a brace & feeling better than ever. There's talks of him being the comeback player of the year. He has more weapons on his team than ever before. He's been given all the tools needed to be successful as a QB in the NFL. Good. If that's true then I expect to see him come out & light it up like he did during his rookie season. If he does that then this guy is proven to be even more of a joke (if that's even possible). However if RG3 comes out flat & reminds you more of sophomore RG3 rather than rookie RG3, then what do you do? Do you ride the RG3 train until it's worth nothing or do you trade him in while he's still worth something?

HTTR!!!

To me, that's two different conversations. Te writer based his trade discussion on his own fabricated idea that RGIII did poorly last year because he has "soured"on the team and cannot trust them. All because in his words the "organization threw caution to the wind" when the fact is that it was MS who made the call.

However, what you just stated is trading him due to lack of performance - for which I agree with you there would have to at least be some discussion. He does have a lot more tools. The team has a more player friendly coach which should help him. The second year of the injury should mean he is completely healed. Last year was a clear step back, not just physically but mentally that was made more visible due to his crazy rookie season. This sets up a make or break season. If he has another complete season like the last one, then yes we should probably start looking for another QB option. But will there be a market for RGIII then? Not sure.

My only concern is are the expectations too high? I mean what constitutes a successful season for him? It feels almost like after his first season if he misses one pass in his first game, the fans are going to collectively turn on him and call him a failure. It could be 4 or 5 games before the offense starts to gel and they all get comfortable with the new Off. So RGIII could look a little shaky early on.

I hope everyone has patience, something we as fans don't typically show.

well  a new coach ,new offensive scheme ,healthy RG3 things will be different and there will be an adjustment period even into the reg. season but with all the moves we made an continue making i'm confident we will be much better .we will now see if it was Shannhan trying micro-manage the defense over-ruling Hasselet or Hasselet will fall flat .

Patience ,well it is running thin especially with a playoff game  then last years regress and turmoil just didn't know that Shannahan was a such a control freak.

Archived