Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I just gotta vent...

Morning Wood

Greetings to all my fellow Extremeskinners. I apologize in advance for the rant I am about to go on. I love the Skins dearly, but I just gotta get some stuff off my chest...

My glass is now officially half empty. I went into the Tampa game with hope in my heart, but logic in my head. I thought my guys fought valliantly for 2 & a half, but ultimately resigned themselves to the outcome that I had already expected. But this Bills game... I really couldn't come up with any reasonable excuse as to why we should lose. Very suspect offense, so so defense, and virtually no running game. So I settled in, frothy brew in hand, to watch my beloved Skins lay the smack down and right the ship.

(Side note - Before the game even started, I was treated to a news tidbit from the fine folks at ESPN regarding a proposed trade between the Skins and 49ers. TO... to DC???? The mere thought caused me to vomit uncontrollably on my newborn daughter, who I was holding at the time. Luckily, the offer was rejected, which I'll admit was quite surprising considering that this seemed like just the Dieonesque kinda deal that generally causes the Dan get a tingle in the ovals. False alarm though. So I reassured the wife that I'm really not an incompetent father, cleaned off the baby, and settled back in.)

I can't believe the horror that unfolded. I ain't gonna get into specifics really, I mean we all watched the game right? Couple of points though...

Travis Henry should change his name to Moses considering how he parted the Skins D.

I love Lavar, but his undisciplined play is getting tiresome. I know he hated Marvin's system last year, but so far it seems like he was much more productive in it.

Bauman, I hate it for ya. We all knew they were gonna pick on him.

And Ramsey gets broke, so we're all treated to a Captain California led offense again. Go team.

I could go on and on, but whats the point? I see all the reports of the "he said, she said's". Good! I'm tired of all the politically correct BS. I think its time to start calling people out. If you have no problem cashing the check, then you better not have a problem when your name is called. That goes for coaches as well as players. Don't give me any more of this "Well shucks, I dunno, I rekkon we just need to coach em up better", or "I'm gunnin" crap. Accountability, get to know it.

The only silver lining I got from yesterday was the fact that I was smart enough to keep Travis Henry in my fantasy lineup. Talk about feeling conflicted.

Bottom line is that this "team" needs a swift kick in the hiney. A very hard swift kick. Thank God we have a bye week. If I'm anyone in the Cowboys organization, I'm frothin at the mouth right now, dancing like a 3 year old with no piss control. I don't know guys, like I stated in the subject, I'm just venting. I don't have any answers, so I guess I'm part of the problem rather than the solution. To all the fans here who will undoubtedly feel the need to blast me for my "naysaying", I'm a Redskins fan regardless. I will continue to cheer til my throat bleeds when we win, and will still suffer from that sharp sting in defeat. I'm sure I'll get back to my normal optimism in a few days.

Just feelin a touch punchy at the moment.

Thanks guys. Yeah, I do feel better now.

Its very frustrating to hear the same assesments season after season. "On paper, these guys look unstoppable". Then the season actually gets underway, and the promising roster turns into the same ol Skins.

Don't get me wrong, I haven't entirely lost hope. I know there are still 9 games to go. But I think for this team to turn it around, there has to be a major shake-up. No more of this "I don't know whats wrong" stuff. ...Ya know, "I don't know" is the same excuse I used to give my parents when they'd ask me why my teacher sent home a note about me not doing my homework.

"I don't know why she sent that Mom, I think she just doesn't like me". I knew it was BS, and so did my parents. I just wasn't doin my damn homework, plain and simple. And to this day, I still haven't found a use for Algebra in my daily life.

Aaaaaaaaaaanyway, my point is that I'm tired of all these crap excuses and empty promises. Put up or shut up.

Still venting.

Archived