Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

#redskins - 8 Penalties - 63 Yards.vikings - 1 Penalty - 7 Yards.

RiverboatGambler

I struggle to adapt to the American mentality when it comes to officiating - largely because in the UK it's the first thing that is used to excuse a loss. It seems however that there is a section of our support (which is probably replicated across all teams) who refuse to acknowledge bad or biased officiating.

I'm not saying we weren't bad on Thursday night but the Vikings were given a MAJOR helping hand in that come back. The three decisions which stick out for me were:

1) One of the Kerrigan holds when the official endevoured to look away from a hold which was right in front of his face. He actively looked away when he seen it occur. Watch it back.

2) The phantom helmet to helmet. The official had the flag coming out before contact was even made.

3) The spot of the ball. I have never seen that happen in the 7 years I've watched the NFL. As blatant a helping hand as you're likely to see.

None of the above excuses bad defensive play but I wish we'd wake up and make more of a thing out of, at best, terrible officiating and at worst, biased officiating.

I agree with Scottish on this one. As if that list isn't damning enough, it leaves off a phantom holding call that negated a first down. It also leaves off a multitude of no-calls against the Vikings, the most blatant of which was the PI against Jordan Reed, but also included several illegal hits on Griffin.

Look now! The Refs did loose the game for us.... The Vikings were holding for MOST of the game and pushing in the back. There were a few PIs as well. Im starting to think that the NFL games are rigged! RG3 was hit LATE many times and PHANTOM holding call on 82. Like WTF !!!! REALLY !!! They gave the Viking the 1st down when they were a good yard away.I could keep going on and on but I have to head to work this morning -_-

I'm afraid it's gonna be like this until the NFL gets Snyder to capitulate and change the name..I know the %$%$A$$ 'Skins commit penalties, but to NOT call them on the other team is hideous. I  think Kerrigan needs to rant and rave after he gets held, trying to get the DUM_$$ ref's attention. And on one play RGIII was purposely hit low in the knees, the ref dropped the flag, then picked it up, saying the player was blocked into RGIII. I rewatched that play 10 times, and in 10 out of 10 times, the defender used his own momentum to target RGIII's knees--VERY BLATANT! The only name change I would contemplate would be the Washington SCREW-YOUs, in reverence to GODell and his stupid rules changes.

Archived