Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins-Packers: 4 Keys To The Game

Ok this week I really mean it , play action ,and go deep . Morris ran against a stack box last week , and the only way to get them out , is to let Griffin hands go . Pass with a percussion , and the run game will open up .

I agree dorrell because I think GB is going to key on the run like Philly did. This will be test to see if RG3 is getting his throwing motion back like last year. Also, GB has similar safetty coverage issues that we have. It's their biggest weak spot. I think Reed could be in for a good game this week. And if RG3 has his arm back then we should be able to find a few deep passes if GB loads up on the run.

I agree dorrell because I think GB is going to key on the run like Philly did. This will be test to see if RG3 is getting his throwing motion back like last year. Also, GB has similar safetty coverage issues that we have. It's their biggest weak spot. I think Reed could be in for a good game this week. And if RG3 has his arm back then we should be able to find a few deep passes if GB loads up on the run.

While I agree with you both, as always, there is one main stat that stands out, take the the TOs away from last week and we win the game! Pure and simple. We still had opportunities and chances, but ultimately if you remove the TOs we win. The other stuff is important too. Not saying otherwise. 

While I agree with you both, as always, there is one main stat that stands out, take the the TOs away from last week and we win the game! Pure and simple. We still had opportunities and chances, but ultimately if you remove the TOs we win. The other stuff is important too. Not saying otherwise. 

That's a great point Goskins and I coulidn't agree more that we win last week if we could have avoided some of those turnovers. I think GB is a much higher quality team than Philly and it is on their turf. As a result, I think it is a must for us not to lose the turnover battle to make this a competitive game. After I looked at our schedule this season; I felt the two worst matchups for us were GB at their home and Denver. Both because of the quality and experience at QB. Aaron Rogers IMO is the worst possible matchup for our secondary because of his accuracy on the deep ball and our tendency to allow so many. If we had Meriweather last week then that would have given him one game under his belt in preparation for Aaron Rogers. Instead he is probable for this one and IF he makes it on the field then he does for the first time in quite some time. Along with a rookie Rambo, this does not put our safety situation in a good place for Sunday.

The one consolation from last week is that we never were able to implement our game plan on offense as Kyle stated. Maybe because of that we can throw in some surprises on GB's defense. We have the ability to stretch the field much better than last season for RG3. If RG3 has shaken off the rust from last week then we may be able to unearth one of the more dynamic offenses in the league wearing the Burgundy and Gold.

We should be able to play hard and fast the whole game on offense. we'll be able to mix Helu in there with AM, alternate four tight ends, and Hankerson looks to now add a third potential deep threat along with Garcon and Robinson. I just hope Hankerson's performance last week doesn't take another 1.5 years to surface like the last.

-Our offensive success is predicated off the Read Option and Griff's threat of run. Without it we lose our best weapon to keep defenses off balance.

-STOP THE TURNOVERS!!

-Stop the ridiculous penalties that are negating good offensive drives and defensive penalties that are just giving away unearned yardage.

Stop the ridiculous penalties that are negating good offensive drives and defensive penalties that are just giving away unearned yardage.

Great point! This seems to have been a long term issue that occurred last season as well. However combine these unacceptable mishaps that cost us plays with turnovers and any team can beat us. If we finally cleanup the issues with plus 10 penalties and return back to last year's form with minimal turnovers than we can beat any team.

I've said it before & I'll say it again....we HAVE TO get the Packers O off the field after 3rd downs. We can not let them gain momentum. Rogers is too dangerous to let him have any success. Also, I agree with the statements made above, we must not turn the ball over. It'll be a hard game as it is, we can not shoot ourselves in the foot on top of that. Lastly, we can not keep making the mental mistakes we have been. If we can limit the penalties to just a handful then I like our chances. If we play like we did in the 1st half of Monday's game....we lose. That's the way I see it.

HTTR!!!

lets just hope RG3 can plant that foot better when passing this week, 

HAIL 28SKINSMAN!

I noticed that as well & I agree. However, I do think that he'll be much improved over last week. Afterall, it was his 1st live game action since January 6th.

HTTR!!!

Griff got his preseason workout in the 1st half against the Eagles. Hope he doesn't need even a quarter to get it right. He and the whole team need to strike fast and jump all over the Packers to keep them playing from behind. While facing possibly the most accurate passer in the league our secondary is going to have to come of age. What worries me is our pass rush, do we send db's on blitzes when we actually need all those guys in coverage? Tough one to me.

well of what is been able to piece together GB has a defense thats not that good except for mathews .granted ours will face arron rodgers but if the second half of the game last is any clue Griffin woke up stretched and got the coffee started .

lot of it seemed the offense as a whole knew what to but got alittle complacent needing a wake up call.

as for this game we need to pound the hell out of the football ,jump out to a lead and stay there its that simple .

we still might have the advantage in a shoot out if they just turn griffin loose and let him play his game !!!

Read a report where the most defense play Aaron Rogers the same way where they pin the safeties deep and force GB to beat them running the ball. Because of a weak running game; the fact that defenses always game plan to just stop Aaron Rogers but rarely do is a clear indication to me that we probably won't have much success there either. I just hope we can avoid the big plays and move the ball on offense to keep up with the scoring.

I don't see us keeping this team under 27 points Sunday and more possibly 30 plus. By mid-season, I'll be interested to see if Meriweather is on the field for more than one half and the growth of both Amerson and Rambo. I think both the rookies will be better as the season progresses.

Amerson already looks like a quality cover man who I think we should put on either James Jones or Jordy Nelson with some safety help. Let Hall deal with Randall Cobb. All these WRs are high quality players that play even better because of Rogers. 

In many ways I think we are trying to emulate their core group of recievers. You can't know who the #1 receiver is there since any three can light you up. This is a better approach to a passing team than just having a Megatron to key on.

Everybody is stating the obvious and rightly so, but I also noticed that because of his (RGIII) restrictions, when he sees the play unfold before him in real time, he's fighting his instincts a bit and it's causing a split second delayed decision, whether it's to run or pass. I truly believe that's going to be better this week. Like one of you mentioned if they turn him loose....I guess that's pretty much what I'm talking about. They say the true definition of a fool is someone that doesn't know when not to speak, so I guess I'll shut up now. Enjoy the game in 23 1/2 hrs. HTTR!!!

Archived